Sold: 1955 buick power steering

NC-car-guy

P.S.  I am always open to trades on stuff I need for my car!  :)

Didn't make it on ebay.   The way I see it, I would have spend $60 in fees via eBay and Paypal.....  So.  I'll offer it for $300 to anyone here.  Again that's the box, inner column, pump, brackets, pulleys, and spacers!

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I went to relist on ebay.... just the listing fees are $15    forget it, by the time I pay seller fees, listing fee, and paypal fees, and deal with the hassle of unpaid bidders (had 4 lately).  $275 for anyone on here....

Yes they do, but i usually arrange shipping on the side for big things like this.  The horn wire and contact are present, brass sleeve seems in good shape, I didn't notice any cracking, but I can look harder and take pics of both.  If you see the first pic of the gear box that i posted at the top, you can see oily build-up on the outer side (close to fender) not sure if that's from the box or a hose or what.  The pump was clean except the underside, again, not sure if it was the pump or the engine leaking stuff.  The gear box still had fluid in it when I pulled it, and when I turned the pittman arm or steering shaft the fluid would pump out the hoses.  I used a wire wheel to clean the pump and pulley and when I let the wheel spin the pump some, you could feel it pumping by putting your finger over the hose attachments at the back.  I would still probably represent these as needing rebuild.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wndsofchng06 said:

I would still probably represent these as needing rebuild.

If you don't know that they need a rebuild, just represent them as good cores for a possible rebuild. One last question, do you remember how many mile was showing on that car?  If you haven't sold it by the next time you head south, bring it with you. While my little 4 door Special daily driver with it's Armstrong steering is good when both front tires are well inflated, my left shoulder ain't getting any better so could do with a bit of assist. But if somebody here wants it, no problem, I'll happily yield to them.

57 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

You got all the mounting brackets, nut and bolts for the gear box?

56 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

and installation included right?

51 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

and a years supply of Dexron?...

Installation and lifetime guarantee of course.

• Like 3

A:  are you high? 

B: Herman's used up auto parts? What's that supposed to mean?

C: see photos.  Brass ring looks good, backer plate for horn contact is missing a piece. All brackets are present for the pump. Only one bracket was present for the box, with one bolt. I didn't know about any lifetime guarantees.....  lol

???

20170307_170200.jpg

20170307_170215.jpg

20170307_170231.jpg

20170307_170237.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wndsofchng06 said:

A:  are you high? 

B: Herman's used up auto parts? What's that supposed to mean?

C: see photos.  Brass ring looks good, backer plate for horn contact is missing a piece. All brackets are present for the pump. Only one bracket was present for the box, with one bolt. I didn't know about any lifetime guarantees.....  lol

???

20170307_170200.jpg

20170307_170215.jpg

20170307_170231.jpg

20170307_170237.jpg

First: "Are U High?" Is a retorical ? Or wishful thinkin'. Second: the best warranty is the two tailite warranty, when those two tailites turnout the driveway it's all over baby! Just a recommendation! All seriousness aside! Good luck Matt!

54 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Well it just came to me at about 3:30 this morning that I just sold the double cast iron pulley I'd been saving for this swap so I'll probably pass on it. It's a nice unit at a good price though, somebody here  should grab it. 

Ah  yes, the 264 with a cast pulley!  I have what you need....  a 322 with double pulleys!  I know where there's a 322 in Georgia, I can talk to the guy and get you a good deal, and this comes with the extra pulley!   :)

It's all good!  No worries, now that I'll be in the giant expense on this engine rebuild, I might just go ahead and install the P/S on my car.... LOL

• Like 1

Seriously!. Your special had power steering? As you know I have that three belt cast-iron pulley  and thought about using it, but it's so rare I like to just sit it on my desk and look at it every once in a while?  

? let me give it some more thought, I'll be in touch. Thanks Doug! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wndsofchng06 said:

I might just go ahead and install the P/S on my car.... LOL

Well heck yea! In fact, be very careful of what of these old parts you sell, like this ci pulley, I'm already regretting selling some of old stuff. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've not heard back from the previous poster in over a month....  so BTT  Reminder it's a small body gear box with shaft and horn contact; pump with pulley, reservoir, and brackets; single water pump pulley with spacer, and single crank pulley with spacer. $275

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
2 minutes ago, Brianbuick said:

I know your post is two years old but thought I would see if it’s still available by any chance.

I do still have this. But I have a guy that expressed interest last week, I'll give him 1st refusal.