1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

Guest yellowbronco

Guest yellowbronco

i recently bought a 1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass that was setting in a barn for the last 30 years. It is all original. I just put it in the shop to get the engine bay and motor painted, put some chrome on it and then it will go for the body work , very small amount of rust, and re-paint the same color. I am putting a 4 barrel carb on it and dual exhaust. i have a couple of questions, I want to put a 442 w30 hood on it, will this decrease the value of the car? I already bought the rear spoiler and am looking at 15 inch rims in stead of 14s. and again will these changes decrease the value?

IMG_6481.JPG

Installing the 1970 W-25 O.A.I. hood on a 1969 Cutlass requires changing the hood latch to a 1970 style latch.  I've never thought the 1970 hood lines worked with the 69 grille, but that's your call.  None of your changes will really change the value of that car much one way or the other.

Near and dear to my heart, my first new car at 18 years old was an almost identical car to the one you found, very nice.

The changes you mention won't drastically change the value of the car, but down the road if you sell it, the new owner might want it back original. If you paint the car, have them paint the original hood too and keep all the parts you remove, then you basically haven't changed the value at all, since most of the changes are bolt-on.

Have fun with it, great cars, I have in my collection a '69 Cutlass convertible and love it!

• 2 years later...