Could someone do a quick height measurement for me?

first64riv

I am not sure if my car was lowered by the previous owner and there are no first gen Riviera's near me to ask.

I would like someone to measure the height from the ground to the top of the front AND rear wheel arches.  It could be from a stock height vehicle or a lowered vehicle.  Just note if you are modified in any way.  I don't think sag from stock springs is a concern because it should be minimal.  If someone could measure, I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you in advance!

Chris

The overall height of the first generation as delivered by the factory was 53.2"  As Ed states, the size of the tires will make a difference and in addition to that, the overall condition of the suspension can make a difference as well.  Not sure what it would be from the ground to the wheel arches.

To that point, it seems that the more useful measurement for checking your suspension is from the center of the axle/hub to the top of the wheel well.  That takes the tires out of it completely.

As an eyeball test, where is the door/body crease in relation to the wheel centers?

FWIW, for a car with a nose-down stance, I've got 23 ¼ -23 ½” at all four corners (ground to top of wheel well).  The tires are 215/75R15.

1 hour ago, KongaMan said:

To that point, it seems that the more useful measurement for checking your suspension is from the center of the axle/hub to the top of the wheel well.  That takes the tires out of it completely.

As an eyeball test, where is the door/body crease in relation to the wheel centers?

FWIW, for a car with a nose-down stance, I've got 23 ¼ -23 ½” at all four corners (ground to top of wheel well).  The tires are 215/75R15.

Thanks^^^

I assume that height is with no suspension mods....stock.

5 hours ago, first64riv said:

Thanks^^^

I assume that height is with no suspension mods....stock.

The front springs were replaced about 35 years ago -- with springs that were lower than the ones that came out. ;)  Not intentionally. mind you -- I was trying to get it back to a level stance, but JC Whitney must have left a coil out of the springs.  The front measurement would be a little under 25" if it were level.