Sign in to follow this  
alsancle

Franklin

alsancle    374

In honor of this very cool 32 Franklin coupe that Mike West is selling we need to start a thread for Classic Era Franklin. 

Somebody needs to step up and buy this.   I don't want to hear any complaining that it is expensive getting a CCCA car as Mike only wants 15k for this.

32franklin__coupe_012.JPG

32franklin__coupe_013.JPG

32franklin__coupe_011.JPG

32franklin__coupe_019.JPG

32franklin__coupe_015.JPG

32franklin__coupe_029.JPG

• Like 1

mikewest    41
18 hours ago, jeff_a said:

Nice Franklin. Dual sidemounts and a rear spare? Must be a business coupe for someone in west Texas.

Jeff I installed he front sidemount fenders and sidemount arms as the original fenders are banged up I have the folding trunk rack for the rear after removing the rear mount casting.

jeff_a    46

That makes sense. I read that some Model A Fords were sold to salesmen in west Texas, who needed that many spares to get to El Paso and back. Lots of puncture vine on the roads, I guess, though not a huge # of salesmen hitting the road in '32 Franklin Coupes.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

mikewest    41

No That's a 1931 . Notice the hood has only 3 vent doors?? The 1932 cars have  4 equally spaced .  Other than that its similar.

Walt G    46

Owner of the 1929 Franklin conv coupe with Holbrook body is a member of CCCA as well, lives in Ca.