My cars for sale, no reserve on Ebay

alini

The listing will go active at noon today for five days.   No reserve, I did start it at 23K, which is a tick under what I have into it.  Once I get a link I will post it.

Been fun, time to move on to another project.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162374724267?ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1585.l2649

Edited by alini (see edit history)

My advice would be to put whitewall tires on it (it really looks weird to me without in your case), and then see if a local classic car dealer would sell it for you on consignment. Vegas should be a good market for a car like that. Might take a few months though to find the right buyer.

Chris, I think the biggest problem with selling the car is the white lettered tires and the bright blue exterior

color combined with the saddle interior. If you had painted it  Arctic white or Sahara Mist and installed whitewalls

it would have sold already and for more money than you are asking. Obviously it's too late for a color change, but

I agree that whitewalls would help a lot. Also, consider leaving out the critiques of your car being only a "driver"

Emphasize all the mechanical restoration you have done. Don't critique the body work on the car.  The consignment

suggestion is a good idea.....I second that notion. I bought my Riviera from a consignment dealer in Las Vegas.

I believe they were called "Classic Cars of Las Vegas" The guy who put my car on consignment was selling it due to

a fatal cancer diagnosis. They ran an ad on Hemmings .com and that's where I found it and had it shipped to Texas. 

Classic and Collectable Cars of Las Vegas. I watch their inventory on line. I looked at a bamboo cream 65 there about 10 years ago. He also had a nice big block 70 Monte Carlo that almost made me spend money I had earmarked for another 56. This was the first place my buddy took me to when I moved to Vegas. This does not give you the immediate cash for a future project, but could be a way to move it along.

I also agree that you are too critical of your car. You see the slight flaws because you know to look for them. Most people will never see the majority of these,unless you point them out. You built a nice car. Someone will enjoy it, even if is not you.

I appreciate the comments and your opinions.   If I was asking over 30K for a car of this age I would expecting more.  Im asking 23, granted hoping for more.  There is still plenty of value there the next guy can tweak it by putting white walls on the car and not be throwing alot of money at it and still be under the value of the car.

As for the colors, I have had many people say they like it and there are people who dont.  Its the colors of the car, Im waiting this white one on Ebay and I cant stand the color of his.  The car will appeal to someone, just gotta wait.  In the mean time, Im driving it and enjoying it as much as I can while i have it.  A buyer will come at some point.

If you're up to a couple of other 'changes', I'd suggest painting the valve covers to march the rest of the engine and find an original air cleaner.  With the white sidewall tires and a corrctly painted engine, it would really stock.  You might like it like that, but you need to consider the typical buyer and what he'd be looking for.   The upgraded a/c should be a bonus.  Let the car sell itself based on the frame off restoration and the pictures. What's with the picture of the trunk floor?  As Winston said, say nothing negative.

Ed

On 2/2/2017 at 5:55 PM, Seafoam65 said:

... Also, consider leaving out the critiques of your car being only a "driver"

Emphasize all the mechanical restoration you have done. Don't critique the body work on the car....  

Myself, I really appreciate the sellers that list all the pros and cons.

It helps convince me that the seller knows his car and is being honest--

not just a reseller.  A listing like Alini's is a huge plus in my opinion.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1

My names not Steve :rolleyes: but will comment though wandering off topic a bit. This 69 is a wonderful car. Too bad about the wonky 9.00x15 triple white stripe tires. I know the owner was shooting for an original look bias but the diameter is way too high. Looks bad not to mention the speedometer will be way off.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:25 AM, JZRIV said:

My names not Steve :rolleyes: but will comment though wandering off topic a bit. This 69 is a wonderful car. Too bad about the wonky 9.00x15 triple white stripe tires. I know the owner was shooting for an original look bias but the diameter is way too high. Looks bad not to mention the speedometer will be way off.

Sorry, I meant it for Steve Kouris and his green machine.

Yeah those tires are wack. Almost snow tires.

Looks like the engine bay was completely redone.

Nice job! Love green. Alini's ride is great too.

Edited by PWB (see edit history)