Pontiac Reatta

Blue90

7 hours ago, handmedownreatta said:

he put at least three thousand into it in the last two years and now selling for 1200?

That is not unusual. Here is the story on the Black. The guy I bought it from purchased it from a guy in Arizona. The Arizona owner had painted the car and replaced both the engine and trannsmission and sold it to the guy I bought it from for $3400. The guy I bought it from put brakes, struts, strut mounts, and ground wire harness, power steering pump and some other parts I can't remember. He also replaced the alternator and that was the final straw as he arced the alternator and blew out the programming capability of the door remote and a switch mounted on the trannsmission [that Ronnie walked him through].

He told Jim Finn he wanted it sold as it also had a antifreeze leak [I tightened the hose clamp] and a power steering leak [it was the Rack and Pinion] and I bought it for $1500.

I have always said that the Reatta is an easy car to buy but a hard car to sell. Very few guys make money selling a Reatta.

• Like 1

Two weeks ago this car was on eBay with a starting price of $99., no buy it now price and an unknown reserve.  I believe it got one bid and then disappeared.  Before it was gone I emailed the owner asking for more pics of the bad stuff, like the driver's seat.  I also asked about the touchscreen and the original wheels.  We had a bad snowstorm then and he said he'd send more pictures after the snow was gone.  He said he could get the stock wheels back if that was a deal breaker.  Never saw any other pics.

It then appeared on craigslist for $1500.  Went down quickly to $1200.: which is where it's at now. 

I agree with 89RedDarkGrey.  If I had an '89 I'd be out bargaining with this guy.  Heck, if I had extra garage room I'd buy it to fix it up (always wanted an '89).

The car is about a 40 minute drive from my house if anyone is interested and wants me to look it over.

• Like 1