50th Celebration for 1967 Buicks at BCA 2017?

chuckfmtexas

I did a search and did not find any discussion on celebrating the 50 years of 1967 Buicks at the BCA Meet in July in Brookfield.  Any plans anyone knows about or perhaps we start a string here for those of us who are bringing 67 cars.  I plan to bring my 1967 SportWagon I am turning into a GS400 clone (which was not made in station wagon models).  If for some reason we don't bring the wagon then I will bring the 67 GS400 4 spd convertible.

Thoughts/comments?

DSC_4641.JPG

67vert9.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, chuck nixon said:

I did a search and did not find any discussion on celebrating the 50 years of 1967 Buicks at the BCA Meet in July in Brookfield.  Any plans anyone knows about or perhaps we start a string here for those of us who are bringing 67 cars.  I plan to bring my 1967 SportWagon I am turning into a GS400 clone (which was not made in station wagon models).  If for some reason we don't bring the wagon then I will bring the 67 GS400 4 spd convertible.

Thoughts/comments?

DSC_4641.JPG

67vert9.jpg

You are a lucky guy?  Nice cars, Chuck.  Very nice.

Ben

Love 67's, your wagon is beautiful, look forward to seeing it as a GS. 

Great idea about the 50th celebration at this year's meet.   Hope it materializes! Thanks for posting. Chuck I have moved your thread here to General in hopes it will get more attention and discussion  as regrettably some folks don't frequent the show and events forum. 

I had a nice little '67 Skylark convertible. At the time I remember thinking both the size and performance were just perfect for that car. I am guessing a little but I think I owned it around 1975 or 1976. It really was a great balance of a car.

19425.jpg

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

On 1/27/2017 at 7:10 AM, MrEarl said:

Love 67's, your wagon is beautiful, look forward to seeing it as a GS. 

Great idea about the 50th celebration at this year's meet.   Hope it materializes! Thanks for posting. Chuck I have moved your thread here to General in hopes it will get more attention and discussion  as regrettably some folks don't frequent the show and events forum. 

Thanks for moving the post.  Since 2009 I have brought our 1932 Buick to every BCA National Meet except 2014 in Oregon due to a death in the family.  We have been fortunate to have won the Senior Gold and Spirt of Buick award and on the way back to Texas after Allentown 50th anniversary meet  my wife said " why don't we drive the Sportwagon to Wisconsin in 2017" I said great idea and it has forced me to get busy with upgrades to the interior and engine/drivetrain. The wagon is in wonderful condition for a 50 year old vehicle and it will look and run like new in 60 - 90 days. 

our 1932 Buick larger photo

32Buickresized2 - Copy.JPG

Edited by chuckfmtexas (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Chuck, while I regrettably don't have plans to make the Meet, I hope their can be a special gathering and celebration of the 67's there. Back in November of 66, me and some high school buds played hooky from school and went to Atlanta to check the new car arrivals. I had always loved the Rivieras so we visited the Chevrolet and Buick dealerships. I have always regretted letting peer pressure sway me into later ordering a black on black Chevelle SS instead of the same color GS. Btw, I ended up totaling the SS two years later anyway. 

Have you contacted any of the organizers to ask them if their are any plans for a special gathering? 

Beautiful! 32 by the way!!

Mr. Earl, Bill and Bryan, I agree with your thoughts and will start with the organizers of the 2017 meet but begin a ground swell (populist?) campaign to recognized the 1967 Buicks.  I am swamped right now for a couple of weeks but will get after it in mid February.

I will start with the Riviera and V8 Buick web sites as well as this BCA site.  Any other organizations I should be tapping into IE: Wildcats, etc?  I could always to to the BCA directory and look up who has 1967 Buicks and contact them but that could be a monumental effort.

Advice and recommendations welcome.

Chuck

• Like 2

Every year another Buick is going to celebrate a 50th anniversary.  Unless something is built into the agenda annually, someone is always going to feel left out if you skip a year.  Those of you with 67s just need to bring a bottle of champagne and gather under a tree and raise a glass to each other.  Unless 1967 is a unique year in Buick history. Is tt?

In 2013, the ROA had a 50th anniversary celebration for the 1963 but that was only because 1963 was the first year for the Riviera. Perhaps we'll have another celebration in 2049 in the form of bereavement because that would honor the 50th anniversary of the end of production.

• Like 2

In a couple of weeks I am going to get working on some sort of contact list of 67 owners working with National and see what interest there is.  Plus will contact 2017 BCA Meet planners and have dialogue on what is possible.

Thanks for the email and suggestions Bill.

Chuck

• Like 1

The big news for '67 was the introduction of the new big block V8 engines, replacing the venerable 'nailhead'.  Perhaps something could be done highlighting the 400/430 development and the various incarnations that were spawned from them...?