Rare Holiday 88

Guest Old timer

Guest Old timer

A rare model!!  In 1979 I factory ordered a 1979 Holiday 88 Coupe.  Fully loaded, with the 403, limited slip 2.73 ,factory gauge package, Black over silver with Landau roof, and Burgundy interior. Due to a cancellation of the order being submitted too late for production I reordered the same car as a 1980. The dealer I ordered through was very small and suggested I take delivery of the vehicle in Oshawa at the main office. There it would receive VIP treatment as a executive order. No additional charge and every aspect of the car was thoroughly inspected.

I drove the car back from Oshawa to Winnipeg non stop. Only to be followed home buy the local Olds dealer principal, who wanted to know how I was driving a 1980 model when he had not yet received stock??

I drove the car for 3 years enjoying every day with it. I had in excess of 180000 miles on it when I sold it back to the inquisitive Olds dealer. I found out much later that it was one of 15 cars manufactured as a 1980 with the 403. and 1 of 2 with the trim codes.

Oldtimer

• 2 months later...