need a good camshaft

Hi folks 

I need to find a NOS camshaft or a good one from my Commander 1932. Part# 168652, it is used on all Commanders 1930 to 1933 and President 1933. I also need a set of new camshaft bearings for the same car. I hope someone can help me with these parts.

Thanks

Göran

Dave Thibeault in Massachusetts supplies cam bearing sets for the small straight eight engines. His email is studedave (at) aol dot com.  The same part numbers are used from 1932 Dictators and Commanders through 1933-42 Presidents.

I wonder if a later camshaft will also fit your 1932 Commander 8.  The cam gear is the same part number for the engines listed above and the bearings are the same.  The lifters changed a little after 1932.  I don't know what the differences are between the 168652, 168421, 186287, and 187685 cams.  I have the complete drawing set for the 187685 cam if you want to compare dimensions with your 168652 cam. 

3 hours ago, thgo2315 said:

Hi folks 

I need to find a NOS camshaft or a good one from my Commander 1932. Part# 168652, it is used on all Commanders 1930 to 1933 and President 1933. I also need a set of new camshaft bearings for the same car. I hope someone can help me with these parts.

Thanks

Göran

The last two Buick inline eights I rebuilt, I sent cam and lifters to Egge for repair and regrind.  Tom

On 2017-01-22 at 5:59 PM, Gary_Ash said:

Dave Thibeault in Massachusetts supplies cam bearing sets for the small straight eight engines. His email is studedave (at) aol dot com.  The same part numbers are used from 1932 Dictators and Commanders through 1933-42 Presidents.

I wonder if a later camshaft will also fit your 1932 Commander 8.  The cam gear is the same part number for the engines listed above and the bearings are the same.  The lifters changed a little after 1932.  I don't know what the differences are between the 168652, 168421, 186287, and 187685 cams.  I have the complete drawing set for the 187685 cam if you want to compare dimensions with your 168652 cam. 

Hi Gary

Thanks for your answer and the information. If you have a chance to send me a copy of the drawing set or scan them and send them to me by email it will help me a lot. My email address is goth@getmail.no.

Thanks

Göran

On 2017-01-23 at 0:15 AM, rbk said:

I have an engine out of a Model 61. I will sell the camshaft but am not able to remove it from the engine due to health issues.

Where are you located?

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your answer. I don´t know if you remember me but I visited you, together with my two sons, some years ago. We were looking for parts for me Commander and for my sons weasel, and we bought some from you. We live in Norway so unfortunately it is not that easy to visit you, but thanks anyway for your offer.

Best regards

Göran