Why do sellers do this?

Barney Eaton

See the attached ad for a 36" round Reatta sign ...........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Dealer-Illuminated-Reatta-Sign-c-1988-1991-Diameter-is-36-inches-/321701487278?hash=item4ae6e722ae:g:sxYAAOSwqu9VDHy2

He says it is in excellent condition yet the center and outer ring are misaligned and he says the light shines out thru the clear outer ring...."so I'm told"...... for $700 I would like to know it works.

I cannot tell if this is an honest oversite or this is a business and the ad writer is just entering what that are told to put in the ad.... 

Barney, That sign has been listed as shown for at least several months, maybe a year. I think with the current state of interest in the Reatta, $700 is a tall order. I own two of these signs - one came with my good 88 when I bought it - and the second was a good deal from a local collector.

I'd consider selling one as I don't need two, but the market for these seems poor in the past couple of years now. If I knew of someone who really wanted one I'd offer, but I've not seen any posts here or elsewhere if anyone seeking to buy in at least three years that I can recall. 

It looks like some old guy, about my age, being helped to struggle with posting things on Ebay. Could be Pam and Charlie. I don't sell as much as I used to. I just found it wasn't worth it. When "Charlie" figures that out he will be tossing a few items to the curb, as well.