thanks to all who helped me with 1917 Studebaker Touring

Guest trap442w30

Guest trap442w30

I just wanted to thank all the people who helped me with my 1917 Studebaker.  I still have a long way to go on it, but I fired it up for the first time tonight.  Through your help, I learned it wasn't a 1918, what lubes to use, how to reattach the oil flingers, how free up the valves, how to test the coil, where to buy some parts and some literature.  I also had to patch up the radiator, replace the freeze plugs, do a valve job, clean out the fuel lines, replace radiator hoses.  I also cleaned out the carb and installed a fuel pump....I will probably have to address those again.  I still need to repack the water pump seal, get a fan belt, adjust the carb, replace a headlight bulb, get the taillight working, but right now I am so excited.  The last time I know it ran was 1964, and I know it hasn't run since at least 1992.  After I put in new sparkplugs, it fired right up.

IMG_0544s.jpg

IMG_0511s.jpg

IMG_0583ss.jpg

Great to hear you got it running. I like the before and after photos of the engine. You did a really nice job. Keep posting as needed for help, parts and progress.  Thanks for sharing.

Scott