Disabling Free-Wheeling on PD

blakew

Push the knob all the way into the dash (freewheel and automatic clutch enabled position), then crawl under the car, loosen the clamp where the cable wire attaches to the transmission, move the lever forward into the lock out position, tighten the clamp on the cable wire.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, so here's an oddity. I (stupidly) left on the parking brake for literally half a block and under 15 mph, and it started smoking. I stopped immediately, checked it out, and it all seemed good, but immediately after, the free wheeling started being on the edge of kicking in. I would pull the knob out as far as possible, but it wouldn't do much to solve the issue.

I manually pushed the lever forward on the transmission and temporarily used to zip ties to hold it forward. However, it's still doing it.

Any ideas as to what I should look at next?

• 1 month later...

Apparently with my first test (zip ties), I still didn't have the lever far enough forward. I went with Tod's recommended method and was able to get the lever all the way forward. No problems since. Thanks!

-Blake

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, knobless said:

I have a trans with a permanently locked out freewheeling bracket,you can always leave cable wired to it ( drill for cable and attach to bracket) this way you can be sure it won't accidentally in gauge

IMG_0159.JPG

Much better than my bailing wire !

• Like 1