Junkyard4

What Year Are These Pushrods And Lifters For?

Hello, 

I was told that these pushrods and lifters are for an early Buick but they could not nail down specific years. Do you know? The pushrods are 13 1/4" long. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Paul

224-223-7464 call or text 

IMG_8492.JPG

IMG_8493.JPG

IMG_8494.JPG

Pre 1923 since in '23, Buick went to a two material push rod.  Part of the length is steel the other part aluminum and there is a 'connector sleeve' about half way down the rod.  This was done to better compensate for the thermal expansion/growth of the engine and keeping the valve lash constant over all temperature ranges. 

Brian, since you brought this up, I do remember hearing somebody talk about this technical change for the 1923 models.  Buick Engineering was actively getting ready for the 1924 models by doing what they did with the valve train and increasing rod and main bearing diameters and widths.  1924 was a watershed year for the Buick Six - four wheel brakes, removable cylinder head, and the list just went on.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

I have not had the lifters out of my '15 truck, but I do know that they are roller lifters.  The push rods look similar to the engine in the truck which has the same engine as some of the cars.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)