Please help ID early brass cowl lamp, electric

lump

Man, I love this forum. It's great to see so many parts and vehicles identified, which ultimately helps people who need parts find them, from other folks who had the parts but didn't know what fits what. 

Many years ago I bought this brass light at an estate sale or flea market. I just like old brass automotive lamps, I guess, and originally planned to just put this one on a shelf to admire, since it would be virtually impossible to ID. But now with this forum which is populated with several really sharp car guys...there is a chance! 

Got any ideas on this one? Two red glass jewels. Old plain glass lens is cracked. I don't see any lug-slots for bayonet style light bulbs, but neither is there a vent for escaping hot gasses. I kept my hand in one photo for size reference. 

Cheers! 

Cowl lamp brass 2 jewel ID 1.jpg

Cowl lamp brass 2 jewel ID 2.jpg

Cowl lamp brass 2 jewel ID 3.jpg

Cowl lamp brass 2 jewel ID 4.jpg

Cowl lamp brass 2 jewel ID 5.jpg

It's a cowl light, one of a pair mounted on either side of the windshield frame.  I don't know the maker and will have to search through my collection of early accessory catalogs to see what turns up.  The bulb was contained in a special socket that was held in place by the little set-screw on the bottom.  I suspect at one time it was painted black. Cute, and that silvered reflector is in wonderful condition.  It may indeed have been supplied original equipment to a particular car so perhaps this forum will produce some good guesses and some photos.  We'll let the super-sleuths tackle that.  Would love to see some photos of other lamps in your collection.  I really enjoy them too.

Terry

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...