AACA / CCCA Central Spring Meet 2017 Questions

Hey, I even got mine! :)  Leaving Tuesday, Wed. at 8:00 AM picking up a new ATC Trailer at Nappanee and then headed over to the Park to begin setting up for our event.  With all the rain and the high water table at the Park the new trailer parking option is going to be a blessing!!!

4 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

No, we should be in good shape for the weekend but the ground may be soft in our former trailer parking option.  Now, we do not have to worry!  Better safe than sorry.  We will be on blacktop for the show and for trailer parking. 

Sounds like a rerun of last year, lots of rain earlier in the week last year too, they parked us on asphalt because the fields were wet. It will be fine.

Can a person attend without displaying a car, just to see the cars on judging day?   I have a thirty year old Alfa which we would drive from Ontario but haven't registered.  I am an AACA member. 

Thanks, Gary

Sure, all AACA events are open to the public.  Why not ask for a late registration and join the show!  You could put it in class judging or DPC!  If not just follow the AACA sign to the parking area.

As far as weather guys, all the services are saying either no rain or showers.  It has changed every day for the last four days so let's hope it turns for the good. 

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, Steve Moskowitz said:

Yes!  You should have them soon.

WHAT mirror hanger and event info??? I mailed my form and check on 3/30/17, and it has cleared the bank. I also sent forms and check to the CCCA on 3/2/17 (also cleared) and have not received any type of confirmation from them either. I actually didn't expect to receive anything (didn't enclose SASE) - figured they'd have a packet waiting for me when I got there like most national meets.

It turned up today. My bride had her own little stack of unopened mail that I didn't know about. It went something like this: "honey is this something important?"  "Why yes, my lovely and intelligent  wife. Thank you for asking." LOL.:)  The mirror hanger that was enclosed gets you onto the auction park grounds. Rest of packet is picked up at AACA/CCCA registration area there.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, Steve Moskowitz said:

Weather took a turn for the BETTER!!  Let's hope it stays that way!!!

Hope so! I've never seen a forecast that changed so much. ( and as a former airline pilot, I've seen my share  of wildly inaccurate forecasts) It's like they can't figure it out at all. Since your post, it went back to 60% rain, then cloudy and 20% rain, and at this moment mostly sunny!

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

22 hours ago, Buick Regal GS said:

Larry Schramm on vacation

112_4303.JPG

Hey,  It was a great time and the weather was PERFECT.  Joyce and I decided to take something different than the Buick Truck to this show and having shade was great. We have had the camper for at least 25 years and still use it for camping.  :rolleyes:

Gracious thanks to the MGT that ordered the great weather and did a great job with the show. ( Steve M. & his team)

The Friday night entertainment was fabulous and good BBQ on Sat night.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 4

It was a great show, no rain, all sun, not cold.  Was able to get up after judging the chassis' one more time....:P

Many beautiful cars.  There was a rare 34 Cadillac phaeton that I simply loved.  The owner was also stupendous, too.  He bought that car as sort of a basket case, and did all the restoration himself....took the car apart, repaired anything necessary and had a professional painter paint the pieces, and put it back together himself.  He did have the upholstery professionally done.  All of this in two years (the painter did the paint work in two months!).  This gentleman said he was in his 80's when he bought it....I think he said he was 83 now.  Made me feel young all over again, as I'm only 78! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Buick Regal GS said:

well did my first AACA meet and received a 2nd place Junior award. don't quite understand AACA  judging i know this car will never be a senior,to much work needs done,not enough money to do the work on it but it was fun. Someday ill do another one, Ill stick to local shows and cruisins.

Request a copy of your judging sheet. While it will not show specific point deductions, it will show areas that cost you points. Possibly some more detailing or other issues can be corrected for a reasonable cost.

My first AACA show I earned a third junior. My major deductions were radial tires and the undercarriage needing detailed. I corrected these issues and at my next AACA Show, I earned my First Junior. The car went from there to a Senior Grand National over the course of several years.

Dont get discouraged with your award. Since you enjoyed the show, keep on showing it!

Congrats on your Second Junior.

Kevin

Edited by kevin1221
Spelling (see edit history)
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Buick Regal GS said:

well did my first AACA meet and received a 2nd place Junior award. don't quite understand AACA  judging i know this car will never be a senior,to much work needs done,not enough money to do the work on it but it was fun. Someday ill do another one, Ill stick to local shows and cruisins.

I agree with Kevin1221,

Request a copy of the highlighted judging sheet and see where your deductions were taken. If it shows categories that you can easily correct, then you can make some improvements and give it another try. If you decide that the categories with deductions are such that you don't want to do what might be needed for a First Junior, you should simply change to the Driver Participation Class. It is designed for the types of cars that you would otherwise see at local shows and cruise ins. 

You can probably find an experienced AACA Judge in your area who can look at the car and give you some guidance as well. If you are not in a local AACA Region or Chapter, you should join one. If you are, perhaps one of your fellow local members will be or know an experienced judge who can help you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brian_Heil said:

I didn't know Larry knew how to read.  :P

He is faking the reading so Joyce doesn't catch him noticing the passing scenic view?

Had a great time at Auburn showing my 1911 Ford DPC that was last shown in the Old Car Fest in 1955 by my Dad just after restoring. In fact he was next to Dick Teague in Rambler who had my Dad follow him to a Greenfield Village Barn when it stopped raining. No such problem at Auburn. Loved the McCartney Band in fact the lead singer sounds better than Paul. My wife plans to use them in Cincinnati at some events for her job. Other than my HPOF Original 1984 Tioga Motorhome breaking down on the way back with the T in tow, it was a perfect weekend. Hope to be back with other cars in the future. Great job by the AACA staff!!!

Tom Muth

Thank you car owners, judges, volunteers and our great staff at AACA.  Thanks to CCCA as well!  What a great weekend with stupendous weather, interesting auction, great museum visits, terrific BBQ from Timmy's and a fabulous concert!  If you did not have a good time than you weren't trying!  Make plans to come back next year and tell your friends!