AACA / CCCA Central Spring Meet 2017 Questions

I plan to attend the meet in Auburn this year. I am also a CCCA member. There is no info yet on the CCCA web page except that the meet is listed as a joint meet with AACA. (They show it as only May 12th & 13th.) Will I be able to have my Classic judged by both AACA and CCCA? Will there be one show field for both clubs? Will all usual fees be charged by both clubs? Has a joint meet been done before?

Sorry!!!!  I have not been on here that much.  Working on the press release today.  Have a meeting with CCCA on the 31st which will firm everything up but here goes:

Yes you will be able to be judged by both clubs if you wish on the same day.  There will be one show field for both clubs but those cars registered by CCCA will be parked in a group to make it easier for judging.  Yes, fees for each cub are separate.  This has NEVER been done before for our two clubs and it has been a long time coming.  OVERDUE.  AACA is very excited as the leadership in CCCA has been incredibly wonderful to work with!  Both clubs are doing this for the benefit of our members and there are no egos involved between the clubs.  This is a historic meet! 

• Like 5

Steve, thanks very much! I know its early, but I'm trying to plan which meets to attend this year. I'll be in Ocala and Charlotte for sure and maybe Huntington. Auburn just went on the "for sure" list too. See you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a great show. The ACD museum is OUTSTANDING, I've visited it twice. Also OUTSTANDING is that the show's producers will NOT be fleecing the guys that must trailer their cars to the show for some extra $. It's a Hell of a long haul but I may attend just to show my appreciation................Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)

Maybe I'll bring my Tow Car?

B)

Picked up the flyer at the Annual Meeting. Had a great time there with all the lectures, met quite a few friends, and put some faces fourm members names. Great time,  I WILL attend next year. Looking forward to bringing an interesting preservation car......or two to the meet. Something large displacement and not often seen..........

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We plan to show the 1933 Rolls Royce Phantom II at the AACA / CCCA / Auburn Show in space #CB063.http://www.oldwheel.com/sales.html  We did a thorough restoration on this car and it recently showed at Amelia Island 2017. It is a 4 door Saloon, Body by Crosbie & Dunn (extremely rare), 40/50 hp,  7.7 L, 467.9 cubic inch. Please come by to visit us. We will also be talking about the plans being made for the 1st Annual Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance in Tampa Florida coming April 13, 2019. www.GasparillaConcours.com

1933 rolls royce.pdf

I can't figure out how to pay for a car at the auction.  I went to my bank and they refuse to transfer (wire) funds unless I'm here in person to send it.  I'm not coming back here from the show.  I'm certainly not going to pay with cash.  And, they don't take personal checks.  I could take a couple of cashier's checks I guess, but how would I know how much to make them out for?  Besides, these days they probably wouldn't even take a cashier's check.  So, not planning to buy anything, even if I like it.

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)

This is straight off the Auctions America website:

Congratulations, you have won your lot! If you are an on-site bidder, visit our auction office to complete the next steps. If you are bidding remotely, an Auctions America representative will contact you within 24 hours to finalize your purchase details.

PAYMENT — All payments are due in full, by certified funds, on the first business day following the sale. Acceptable methods of payment include: certified check or money order, wire transfer, personal or company check (MUST be accompanied by a letter of guarantee), and cash. Please note, credit cards are accepted for memorabilia purchases only, and are subject to a 3% convenience fee.

You provide the auction company with a bank letter of guarantee that guarantees your personal check up to a specified amount. They will then accept your personal check at the auction. It's done all the time.