1935 Graham 8 Cyl Blue Streak C/L MO $15,000

"Pete,  a full ground up 100% restoration by a reputable shop not located in Mexico on this car is 200k and I will stand by that all day long "

I am a graduate of the McPherson College automotive restoration program, and I have run my own restoration shop since 2004. I could not disagree more with your statement above.

Pete Phillips

• Like 1

There are obviously varying degrees of restoration.   That body has wood in it, correct?   My 200k plus is based on body off, wood replacement, nut & bolt, all chrome, etc.  What would you include in a restoration and what would be your estimate?

Drop it off at any shop for a Pebble restoration, you won't be anywhere near 200. If you carefully sub contract out the work, do lots of the running around, ect.......200 MIGHT do it. Glass, chrome, rubber, upholstery, money doesn't go far today. Babbit bearings, Pistons, rings, even head gaskets are real money now. Good paint and primer with paper is probably 6 grand. Neat car, would love to take on for a spin. 

Why spend 200,000 on a restoration when you can buy my Studebaker President for a mere 38,500.

It,s already an AACA Senior and is a full CCCA classic

This is the same car that has been on CCCA buy/sell for months.

Please go back  to the thread about "Are we pricing our cars out of reach"

If any one has 200,000 to spend on this Graham "Why would you???

Ken Smart

Houma,La.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ols car dog said:

Why spend 200,000 on a restoration when you can buy my Studebaker President for a mere 38,500.

It,s already an AACA Senior and is a full CCCA classic

This is the same car that has been on CCCA buy/sell for months.

Please go back  to the thread about "Are we pricing our cars out of reach"

If any one has 200,000 to spend on this Graham "Why would you???

Ken Smart

Houma,La.

image.jpeg

Why post on a thread about a completely different car that sold a long time ago ....

That is just Desperate & Sad .....

Jim

On 7/10/2017 at 6:36 PM, Tawom said:

This is a 1935 Graham Model 73 (six cylinder) and is equally rare.

http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/other-makes/220691-rare-1935-graham-paige-model-73.html

THIS is a 1935 Graham Model 75 (supercharged eight cylinder).

http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/other-makes/156790-for-sale-1935-graham-model-75-supercharged-barn-find-nc-iowa.html

Those are not actually ads but trolling sites that spider CL and eBay and copy the ads.  The eight cylinder car is worth much more than the 6800 bucks they have on there and sold for I think double that.

On the Studebaker, the hubs are an improvement but you will need to change the wheel color.   For the mid-market,  the 1936 Art-Deco cars tend to be easier to sell than the late 20s boxier cars, but that can be model specific.  The Graham is a blown eight so failry desirable, even with the bigger body style.

TRULYVINTAGE!

Business must be good,so good that you can insult a potential customer.

lf you go to the CCCA buy/sell site and look at the all the discussion about my car you will see every thing I said is fair game.

Why are any of us discussing the Graham if it,s already sold,because that,s what we do!!

We have been having a civil discussion for months about my car with HUDSY WUDSY

ALSANCLE JOHN N PENN and others ,I valued thier thoughts and did some of what they recommend.

My issue is about the restoration costs (200000 to 400000) these are staggering amounts to me

It would seem the only one,s who can have a positive monetary  result are the high dollar resto shops

With that being said,I stand bye everything I said.

I inserted a picture of my Studebaker because it is for sale,lf that is wrong I,m guilty.

I would note you inserted your ad at the bottom of your comment.Why did you do that???

BECAUSE YOU HAUL CARS?...

One thing for sure some day I will sell it(or not)but you won,t haul it

Ken Smart

Houma,La

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ols car dog said:

Hudsy,the wheels are not vivid white.l did paint the hubs body color.See attached photo.

Would you believe the pin striper called just a little while ago.Should be here soon.

The actual wheel color is ivory.Pin stripe will be red on body

I'll bet painting the hubs made a difference. If you get a chance, post a pick after it's pin stripped. I look forward to seeing it.