Meet "Toby" my 50 Model 51 project

Elpad

Painted the letters and hand polish this full hubcaps from the donor car. Originally  I was going to install dog ? dish covers with trim rims but will try these first to see how they look on the car. They are pretty straight except scratches around the letter “I” probably done when tires were removed on multiple occasions placing the hubcap upside down to collect the fasteners. I never done that but some people don’t care. 

76F3F063-27AD-47B9-95F6-BF3E6C60353C.jpeg

66B3DD96-590A-4E29-AA5F-47535381C18C.jpeg

9CB177A7-4C28-4E14-AD41-EFEA4A4B661B.jpeg

• Like 1

We have been under rain for almost two weeks now and Tropical ⛈ storm Alberto has not made it any better. That’s why I left some minor jobs for a rainy day. Disassembled doors, cleaned and lubricated all parts to reassemble once the car is finish and painted. Problem: drivers door took me about 4 hours

3581B514-ABE3-4A42-9EA5-60B2433E2B07.jpeg

93F146C3-AEC4-401C-98B5-2517A5663410.jpeg

• Like 1

Ben

I’m not the one on the pictures. My friend Carlos learned the trade in Cuba when he was a teenager now he is in his 40’s. He welds with rebar tie wire and oxygen/ accetelyne with ability to cut at the same time. Don’t know why he does not uses at least some goggles but can tell you he has a steady pulse and  knowledge to heat and shape without warping the material. There is a bunch of vintage car people requesting his services. Funny thing he does not this for a living.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2018 at 8:05 AM, Elpad said:

Ben this is what I’m shooting for. Not sure about a visor!

82C685D8-DD96-454F-977D-AD15F4778EFA.jpeg

DDCA6863-5126-4E80-A01E-9C575A1B4DE8.jpeg

That bottom picture is mine in front of the shed in which it sat for 37 years. The house is where the original owner lived.; I bought the car from a Grandson who had bought the farm from the heirs.  Went by and took him for a ride after the Charlotte Nationals.  He is now passed on.

Ben

• Like 3

I know it is your picture, kind of borrowed from your profile. Beautiful farm and setting. Would love to live there. The 50 is super nice, I would like mine with 2tone shoes

19 minutes ago, Elpad said:

I know it is your picture, kind of borrowed from your profile. Beautiful farm and setting. Would love to live there. The 50 is super nice, I would like mine with 2tone shoes

Then you probably know the signature pic is the one I bought it from. I was VERY lucky to have little rust besides floors.   And it had ww then! You just cannot see them.    LOL Turned them around later. 

Looking forward to the finish of Toby.

Ben

Getting there, still needs a lot of work. you were lucky about the rust, as you can see my has undergone extensive metal repairs that I decide to do cause the car was given to me by a collector friend that have to vacate one of his properties. Still got to find the history, all I know is that he bought it locally from a wholesale car dealer, had a previous Miami owner and originally came from Ohio. Found lots of service & repairs receipts from a Mr. Miller and one of the split glass sported a BCA decal.

i asked this question at the beginning.... is there a Mr. Miller in the House?

Benyour car is an exceptional “Shed” find.

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Ben, This is what I’m really shooting for but in black color, ? I posted the Hometown Buick picture of the Special model 41 instead of the Super model 51. Yours is a Special isn’t?

6E652A39-7D83-4665-9963-1FCED2D894EE.jpeg

6 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Yes it is. One of the things so "Special" about it. A Fordor Special with Standard.  Most folks would have passed on it.

Ben

I like more doors cars, these days you rarely see a coupe anymore, besides they bring extra $ at ? ? weddings.

Got enough ventiport trim to fit a Roadmaster plus but only have a Super. If anybody is interest in the extra trim, let me know.Another rainy day down south perfect wether to work on small stuff.

1EDFDCB0-DE12-4914-97AD-93F8958024C0.jpeg

513EEA58-3E38-42DD-BC2D-A8FE8DECE0A4.jpeg

Sunday dose of Buick metal work repairs. Last door bottom fab, next will be door skin panels so we can move up front to the hood. At least less work than when we started. No light yet at end of tunnel 

53C65DF6-B767-438A-802E-4324EF0A5747.jpeg

0F13B5CC-48B5-43A2-9108-417FC87E2153.jpeg

7935DE1C-65C4-4C45-82BD-76DD08C0C4C0.jpeg

• Like 1