KLUM light switch

Guest Joebeeker

Guest Joebeeker

Good Morning.....

What is the difference between a KLUM Light switch #9271 and #9411.

Are they interchangeable?

The #9271 is currently in a 1930 Dodge 4 door.

Thanks in advance....

Joebeeker

Guest Joebeeker

Thank you all for the information on the CLUM switch and I am sorry for calling it a KLUM switch.

Ok now be easy on me since I am mainly a Model A Ford worker and not so famililuar with a Dodge.

So the current problem is that the 9271 switch is currently installed in my friends car.  It has only four terminals which I beleave is a truck switch.  The previous owner installed a single toggle switch on the dash for "Head Lights". High or low is not known at this time.

My question is will the 9411 which is available work in his car which is I believe a 1930 DA Fourdoor or should we just keep the 9271 and rewire and install a duel position Light switch.

The owner of the car would like to keep the car as original as possible since he installed an overdrive and wants to go on tours with the cat. 

Thanks in advance....

Joebeeker

Late 1931 Ford P/U

1 hour ago, Joebeeker said:

Ok now be easy on me since I am mainly a Model A Ford worker and not so famililuar with a Dodge.

That is too bad. I feel sorry for you.  :D

I would have thought if it fits and works without modifying something else, it is fine. But original with an overdrive? Hmmm. I hope the brakes are up to it. I have been in a car of 1929 or 30 travelling too fast for its design and boy did it flap around. Headlights were wobbling left and right and the whole thing felt very unstable. It felt quite unsafe.

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Guest Joebeeker

Good Evening...

Yes he put an overdrive and he rebuilt the hydrolic brakes (Master and wheel) so his car can go at a reasonable speed while he is on tour with the car.

My freind has about 15 or more cars from the 60's back to the 20’s.

The last time I helped him I completely replaced the wire harness in a 1934 Packard.

Currently he has all the fenders off and having them refurbished and wants the lights to work normally.

Joebeeker

Edited by Joebeeker (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Spinneyhill said:

#9271 was fitted to

Chry 1932 CI, CP, CH, CL

DeSoto 1932 SC

Dodge 1932 DL, DK

Ply 1932 PB

I cannot see #9411 listed as fitted to any passenger cars between 1927 and 1941.

1930 Dodge DA, DD, DC had #8821 fitted. The Senior 6 had a Briggs & Stratton switch.

Spinney, would happen to have a listing for 1930 DA 124" or 3/4 ton truck with a 6 cylinder ? When I purchased the truck it came with a 6 terminal stamped 9150. Would you know if that is correct for my truck ?

I'm assuming that the lower number sequence would suggest mine is very close to the correct year for my application but I have no literature that would confirm this...

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

My reference is a National Service Data Manual I found somewhere, perhaps RestoreCars.com. It only lists cars. #9150 was fitted to Chryco vehicles of 1931 model year:

Dodge DH, DG

DeS SA, CF 1931, CK

Chry CD, CDX, CG, CD into 1932, some CM

Ply 30-U, PA.

Sorry I can't help on trucks,

Guest Joebeeker

Good Morning Everyone.....update

After looking over all the info I have received I went ahead and disassembled the 9271 switch.

The insides were very clean, but the most unusual feature internally was the contacts inside were brass slotted screws.  

I could remove the terminal and move it to another position.

It looks like someone replaced the original switch with the 9271 switch which may be a universal switch but didn't know how to configure it for the 1930 Dodge setup and did a rewire job.

I configured the switch and had to put a jumper between three contacts and the switch works as the original did. I will post some pictures of the switch soon.

Now I have to replace the engine and cowl wiring harness because the bad wires.

Lastly the car I am working on is a Late 1929/ Early 1930 DA four door with cowl lights.

Again thank you for your help!!!

Guest Joebeeker

After looking over all the info I have received I went ahead and disassembled the 9271 switch.

The insides were very clean, but the most unusual feature internally was the contacts inside were brass slotted screws.  

It looks like someone replaced the original switch with the 9271 switch which may be a universal switch but didn't know how to configure it for the 1930 Dodge setup and did a rewire job.

I configured the switch and had to put a jumper between three contacts and the switch works as the original did. I will post some pictures of the switch soon.

Lastly the car I am working on is a Late 1929/ Early 1930 DA four door with cowl lights.

Guest Joebeeker

Good Morning...

Here are some pictures of the 1929/30 and the light switch.

The first three are the light switch and the last are of the car.

enjoy....

joebeeker

IMG_1311.JPG

IMG_1312.JPG

IMG_1314.JPG

IMG_1319.JPG

IMG_1320.JPG

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_1322.JPG

Guest Joebeeker

Guest Joebeeker

Good Afternoon Spinneyhill..

Like I said I mostly work on Model A Fords, but this Dodge is interesting!

When I talked to the owner he said the whole car is original including the paint and interior of which is well worn.

I think he wants to make the car work reliably and take it to a show somewhere.

You have a nice day/night.....

joebeeker

• 7 months later...

Hi, i have a Desoto 1928, i'm looking the light switch, does anybody knows the model and where I can buy it.

Thanks