1925-1927 Buick Standard Rear Wheel Bearings

Guest Motormark

Guest Motormark

Is there a source for the large "roller bearing" and races/sleeves used on rear axles on Buick Standards 1925 to 1927? New or good used is fine.

One axle's wheel locking keyway is chewed up. Anyone got a good used axle for sale out there?

Alternative: would also be interested in a complete rear axle in good shape, but do not need springs or wheels.

I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Happy to drive a few hundred miles.

Thanks,

Mark #48063

614 551 0960

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

About 20 years ago I had a munched keyway like that on my 1930 Dodge 8. I had a wider steeped key made and the axle slot widened to fix the problem. The hub in the drum was OK and left standard - that way I could replace the axle in the future, if needed, with a standard key. And that is what happened a few months ago due to the bearing turning on the axle.

• 4 months later...

Mark,

If this is a standard, I think I can help you.  I have a few sources.  1925 standard and 1922/23/24 4 cylinder rear axles are the same, and 1926/27 and 1928 first type axles are the same. 

The rear bearing is a Hyatt WRA210.  1925 to 1929 standard and 1930 ser 40 and 1931&32 ser 60.

In the future, you do need to communicate on the Buick Pre war forum.  Help would have come quicker.  

Pm me. 

Hugh