maok

'28 Chrysler M Engine re-build

Thanks for the extra photos. Would love to add/ask a few questions but as I find myself doing round 2 with Shingles and it seems worst then round one I just have to be content with observing.😏

After 6 month at the machinist we have some progress....:)

Cleaned up well,  bored 0.060" over.

DSC_0154.thumb.JPG.a2463639c172c44c3f19f1702d8fa54b.JPG

Next is the bearings, all 13 of them, mains and rods, at $180 per bearing, there goes my budget rebuild....:(

So off to a bloke 3 hours away to pour all the bearings.

DSC_0152.thumb.JPG.9055d5dc6936c0f34c6fdbb8990faaed.JPG

Cool thanks for the update I think I'm about to head down the same track as you and yes I'm probably going to blow my budget too hopefully the wife doesn't see by how much😁. Who are you getting to do the bearing work? pm me if you don't want to advertise who it is. Thanks again Ben

2 minutes ago, Vintageben said:

Cool thanks for the update I think I'm about to head down the same track as you and yes I'm probably going to blow my budget too hopefully the wife doesn't see by how much😁. Who are you getting to do the bearing work? pm me if you don't want to advertise who it is. Thanks again Ben

The bloke in Stanthorpe. My machinist has confidence in him. I will pm you his details.

Hi maok,

Good to see that the old girl will be coming back to life! Was up in Stanthorpe last month for the Apple and Grape Festival, had a great time, hope all goes well with the rebuild.

12 minutes ago, Sasha39 said:

Hi maok,

Good to see that the old girl will be coming back to life! Was up in Stanthorpe last month for the Apple and Grape Festival, had a great time, hope all goes well with the rebuild.

Yep, she'll be running down the 1/4 mile in under a minute or two...:)

• Like 1