2017 Founders Tour - Gettysburg

oldford

The Founders Tour is sponsored annually for all vehicles, except race vehicles, manufactured from 1932 through a production year 25 years prior to the year of the tour. The Founders Tour was established to honor the founders of AACA, and was designed to permit the use of newer vehicles on an AACA Tour.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Send your request card back to aaca   . We haven't got a final fee yet . We are trying keep it down . Registration should open the first of April.   Kings32

• Like 1

For first time tourists, Gettysburg is a great hub for antique car tours.  History, pretty countryside, and fun people in their great antique cars all seeing and learning.  One of the best benefits of AACA membership is the opportunity to see the USA in your antique car (Even if it is a Chevrolet)   We'll see the Gettysburg Region's neighborhood on back roads. We'll see battle fields, Civil War museums, car museums, Amish country, antique stores, good shopping and good food and be in one of the best rolling antique car shows you'll ever participate in.

Once you've experienced a national tour, you'll want to go home and organize a tour of your area and maybe host the 2018 Sentimental Tour for cars 1928 to 1958, that is looking for a host club.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Applications were mailed out - but cannot be returned prior to an April 1, 2017 Postmark.

We are going to Gettysburg!

I haven't missed a Founders tour yet, and this one should be outstanding.

• Like 1

We got our application on Monday. It is all filled out and ready to be sent on April 1.

This will be our first tour and we are a little nervous and very excited to attend.

P.S. We have booked a room at the host Hotel, so we are ready.

• 1 month later...

The Founders Tour in Gettysburg  Has not filled up yet , so if you still want to go get your papers in . We would love to have more  cars , the more cars we have the better time we will have.   Howard   Tour chairman  .

• Like 1

I've registered.  And I understand that the deadline

for the Founders' Tour is a postmark of May 1.

For a little enticement, here is a typical Pennsylvania

covered bridge.  One day of the tour will cover

several covered bridges, as that county has at least seven.

Spring Tour 2012-8.JPG

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2017 at 9:12 AM, philip roitman said:

We got our application on Monday. It is all filled out and ready to be sent on April 1.

This will be our first tour and we are a little nervous and very excited to attend.

P.S. We have booked a room at the host Hotel, so we are ready.

AACA Touring is the best!  And the Gettysburg Region does it right!  Plus, you will be driving a Buick!!  I, too, am a Buick guy but this tour I will be using my 1941 Studebaker.  Say Hi...I am not hard to miss...probably the largest guy on the tour!!

Happy motoring!

Charlie Steffy

• Like 1

Registered and looking forward to the tour - having driven EVERY previous Founders Tour.

Thank you Howard & Chris, and all of your team for hosting this event.

We'll be driving the same Caddy we drove to Palm Springs, CA last month, and last week on the AACA Western Divisional Tour in Tuolumne, California - and then to Portland/Vancouver to drive the Columbia Ri5908b03f7c3c4_1954CaddyatSantaMonica1.thumb.JPG.0d81c52c92807bddc8f919e56d3bb244.JPG5908b02a3f12f_1954CaddyatSantaMonica2.thumb.JPG.bef52d915bf3cd01a3fcfc567bd52df3.JPG5908b014086d6_1954CaddyatSantaMonica3.thumb.JPG.5201e8c8bc497f01873ea9bc30ff1f1b.JPG5908b014086d6_1954CaddyatSantaMonica3.thumb.JPG.5201e8c8bc497f01873ea9bc30ff1f1b.JPGver Gorge. Now we are planning our return trip, either via the Trans-Canada Highway from Vancouver, BC to London, Ontario via Banff Park,

or choose the American Rockies and head cross-country

1954 Caddy - Western Tour 2017.jpg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be there to.  How about the other Forum members attending posting a picture of what you'll be driving so I can put a face to more of the Forum members?

5915b2daefa86_66VWBug.jpg.d937c7033d29a14dc80939889eeed7a2.jpg

• Like 2

I will be bringing My 73 GS Sun Coupe. She just received a Senior award in Charlotte. :-) We are ready and excited for a nice tour. John S. It will be nice to have another beautiful 73 Buick on the Tour! P.S. One question, What are the details for trailer parking as I have not received any info on this. Thanks!!

IMG_5454.JPG

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)
  • Like 3

When you come in to the Hotel there will be a member there to direct you to the trailer lot  . large lot on the grounds of the hotel . Howard  Tour chairman

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kings32 said:

When you come in to the Hotel there will be a member there to direct you to the trailer lot  . large lot on the grounds of the hotel . Howard  Tour chairman

18 minutes ago, kings32 said:

Thank You!!!

Can it be true?  Only 8 Forum Folks on the Founders Tour?  

Bill Boudway,in his 1964 Corvair

Kings32  (Howard) in a 1966 Plymouth Convertible

Chas 63, (Charlie Steffy) in a 1941 Studebaker

Marty Roth, in a 1954 Cadillac Convertible

John S in Penna, in a 1973 Buick Riviera

Philip Roitman, is a 1973 Buick GS Sun Coupe

Wayne Burgess, in a 1956 Chevrolet Station Wagon

Paul Dobbin, in a 1966 Volkswagen Bug.

If you are coming, add your name and car so we all can put a face to your posts.

Edited by Paul Dobbin
added 2 cars (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I will be there with my  66 Plymouth conv ,  My 1932 chevy  will be there for display .   Dan & Annette will have there 78 corvette   .Howard

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am about to go this afternoon and load up my car for the tour. Going to the Cannonball reunion tonight and Greenwich Concours as a spectator tomorrow.   I am thinking that I should bring my 73 Century Grandma car with almost 53,000 miles on it. (I have put 4500 miles on it the past 3 years.) It had one crappy repaint before I bought it. My thinking is I will not have to worry about it on the tour and exploring during free time. I am thinking I would be nervous bringing my Senior award car and worrying about rain and parking, etc. 

fullsizeoutput_1841.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_214a.jpeg

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)