VIDEO :: Ford Model T - Radiator Repair & How the Cooling System Works

ModelTMitch

In this video, we have a look at how the Model T cooling system works, and a detailed look at removing and re-installing a radiator after repair.

Enjoy :) 

Don't forget to check out the website if you haven't already :)
http://www.fordmodelt.net/ 

... And then join the conversations on the Facebook group :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/modeltford/ 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Good after noon or evening.

I am putting my fathers 1927 Tudor back to gather. He passed away several years ago and a car engine he had rebuilt never was installed.  I did not see the vehicle taken apart so some,  nearly all reassembly  steps are new experience to me. I am not sure of the order of how the front skirt under the radiator, radiator and top radiator trim go together. Then there is the spring loaded bolt cover.

#1I have cut a rubber pad that I believe goes down first which I will cut a hole for the spring to go through. Then? #2 The spring cover, about 3/4s of a inch on top of the rubber washer and spring.#3 Radiator?? #3 Apron which has a screw under the crank start lever. ???

#4 Then the radiator cover.????  Finally the castle nut with perhaps a cotter pin???  I do not know if there was a finish cap that goes over the spring cover and would also hold down the entire radiator assembly. If there is no cover what keeps the radiator fastened to the frame????

My father was a great early ford enthusiast now I wish I had watch more closely at what he was doing. 

I am thinking I need to make caps to hold the radiator down which will go over the spring caps.  I greatly appreciate any pointer or advice .

Thank You

Dawson, d-tarr@sbcglobal.net

in So Ca desert area.