eastern spring meet, wv?

ted sweet

Late to the party...180 vehicles.  I understand the concern about trailer towing and the inconvenience but this region stepped up when we had no show for the Eastern Division.  They are small and they had to make do.  I am towing a trailer as well and not thrilled about all the hooking and unhooking but it is what it is and I will just consider it my exercise for the days!  I will be bringing my race car as a DNJ but want to support these guys.

We are a pretty hearty bunch so hope we take any inconvenience in stride and try and have a great day.  Now if the potential rain really holds off until nighttime we are all set!

See you there. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Roger Frazee said:

Thanks, Charlier, for the addresses.  I will set my GPS accordingly, and will plan to drop the trailer before going to the hotel.

You are quite welcome. I too have stored all the addresses for the Huntington Meet in my phone that I used for navigation. 

Steve, funny I was thinking that the trailer hooking/unhooking would be part of my exercise for the meet in addition to judging (chassis). I am sure I am not the only AACA Member who very much appreciates that the Huntington Region stepped up to host this meet. Hopefully the weather for Saturday changes for the better like it did for a few other days this week. I guess we will know come Saturday morning. Safe travels everyone.

Charlie

The trailer parking isn't a problem for me, I'm bringing a car that needs to be driven some and I'm looking forward to it. I do hope the rain stays away. Hey, I remember the meet a few years ago that we had to drive the cars through town and even get on the freeway for a little ways, i think it was Reading, Pa. It was a great meet.

Edited by real61ss (see edit history)

For those who were wondering, the host  hotel lists "free valet parking" on their website, I called them and they said they would have designated self parking for those of us driving show cars in. And she said it wasn't going to rain ! 

Good show    weather held out and no rain after 7 today.   It got hot in the afternoon however the early dismissal from the show field gave everyone plenty of time to pack and hit the pool before the dinner and awards.   Nice job by all concerned. 

• Like 1

Great people, great cars, great Meet! :) Many participants stayed at the Days Inn and Red Roof Inn motels right next to the show field.  Being a big spender, :rolleyes:since there was also a  McDonalds and a Golden Corral right there, I was all set. Thanks to all in the Region for an enjoyable time.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Show was great!! Weather was beautiful.  Started in long sleeve and tee shirt,  ending  up in a short leave without a tee shirt.

Tt has been a great long weekend.  the suggest side visit of the Radio & Technology Museum and the Heritage Museum were great added ons.

Thanks to the West Virginia Region, and the sister regions that provide extra manpower.  Parking for visitors and the cars  layout was great. As mention" a McDonald's"  on the edge of the show field made lunch and fluids easy.

The banquet and awards were fun, as is meeting new (to me) AACA members.  Invite your friend to AACA, it a great way to share. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, packards42 said:

WE sold the our 454 engine 3/4 ton suburban as part car unfortunately as the front end was smashed in uninsured motor wreck.  I miss the big guy. 

Well heck now you can get a GMC 3500HD with the new 2017 great power Duramax new engine and keep towing?

robert

• Like 1

Just got home a little while ago.  Easy, ride home - we had some rain but not as bad as Thursday night!! - Got to see some beautiful country on the way home.  

Joel and I had an amazing time this weekend!  THANK YOU Huntington Region for hosting.    Thank you Mother Nature for NOT RAINING Friday or Saturday!!

We enjoyed the banquet, as always, and met some new friends and got to know two of our Past Presidents and their wives!!  What fun!

Sadly, the next National Meet for us is Hershey.  Sigh... See you all then!

Yes, Pics will follow most likely tomorrow.... I haven't downloaded them yet! lol :)

BTW.... If anyone got a copy of the Huntington Newspaper, can you scan and email me a copy? Thanks!
Annie :)

Edit - Did a search and found this page with some photos:  http://www.herald-dispatch.com/multimedia/photos-car-show-at-himg/collection_e660dc48-432b-11e7-9f8d-d79e43b21efc.html#14

Not sure if it's the same as the newspaper the hotel had on hand.

Edited by AnniesSS (see edit history)

Great show.  Just got home, decided to do it all in one stretch.   Most of the antique shops were closed on Sunday, the ones open I caught on the trip west.  Very light traffic on Sunday.  Bummer I missed watching the Indy 500 this year, but a great time in WVA!!!!  Annie, nice to visit with you and Joel again. Yes-big thanks to the Huntington gang for putting together a wonderful weekend for us.  It proves that you dont' need to be bigger and better than everyone else-just keep it simple and inexpensive, give folks time to visit and socialize, toss in a great car show and a wonderful banquet and you've got a great event!   Good to be with everyone again, see you in Kansas.

Terry

• Like 3

So that was your TT packards42? Very nice machine. I may have spoke w you a little starting w a question on the rear end. I spoke to someone about it anyway. I love the old commercial trucks.

AnnieSS... I saw your truck there but you were never around it when I looked! I need to get better at scheduling so I can stick around longer before and after judging events.....

Edited by Frantz (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks for the great pics!  Enjoyed sitting with you at the banquet and talking about Michigan.  Glad we had a good weekend with no rain!   Terry

• Like 1

A BIG "Thank You" to all the members of the Huntington Region and everyone else who helped put on this meet for all your hard work. Putting it together in half the normal time (1 year instead of 2) made it even more of an accomplishment. All you hard work is Very Much Appreciated!  I do wish I had taken the time to see some of the local attractions but I spent all my time visiting with old friends and making new ones which I don't often have the opportunity to do at most meets. That was a nice change of pace for me and made this meet different/special.

Special Thanks to Mother Nature for keeping us dry on Friday and Saturday even though the weather forecast said otherwise.

Thanks to everyone for posting the photos of the Meet and other photos.

Annie, it was nice talking to you and Joel on Saturday at the show. Did you and Joel see anyone walking across the bridge in your photos on the walkway under the bridge? If that is the bridge I think it is they give tours that include walking on that walkway to cross the bridge. 

Charlie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AnniesSS said:

Hi Charlie... likewise!!!  But which bridge do you mean? Joel shot a bunch of them lol

The photo of the C.H. Charlton Bridge Joel took is the one that reminded me a little bit of the New River Gorge Bridge near Fayetteville, WV.

The New River Gorge bridge is a lot taller at 876 feet. Both bridges seem to have the same walkway system underneath them.

Boy looks like you had some nice weather on the way home. When I left Huntington at the crack of dawn Sunday morning it was cloudy. Almost my entire trip home it was cloudy and not much sunshine and blue skies like you had. Seems like one or two rainstorms chased me all the way home. Every time I stooped for fuel or to take a break the rain/drizzle caught up to me. Small price to pay for the dry weather in Huntington on Friday and Saturday. I'll take that trade any day!

See you & Joel at Fall Hershey.

Charlie

• Like 1

On 5/30/2017 at 2:41 PM, Terry Bond said:

Thanks for the great pics!  Enjoyed sitting with you at the banquet and talking about Michigan.  Glad we had a good weekend with no rain!   Terry

It was nice talking with you also Terry at the table,  Especially about our (antique & Automotive Stuff) picking adventures. Steve ?

Edited by Rooney3100 (see edit history)