1957 T-Bird hood gap

moparmusclecars

It should be pretty even all the way around. If it is tight where you describe it could be a substandard repair to the front. It could be that someone used Bondo and didn't sand off enough. It is hard to say not seeing the car. If you can post a few pictures that would help.

Regards,

Lew Bachman

1957 Colonial White

Lew, i appreciate the reply. I am a body man by trade since 1982. I do know the car was bumped in the front end, and I am wanting to know what the standard gaps from front to back should be. I am thinking 3/16, but I am not sure. I was hoping someone had one that hasn't been bumped in the front end, and could maybe measure the gaps for me. I appreciate your reply. Thanks!  

I checked my car and found out that I have small gaps at both the front and the back of the hood of 1/8th and 1/16th. My car is probably not the best one to measure since I have never taken it down to bare metal and it has had 3 coats of paint and also Bondo in spots. It is probably best to check out a car at a show that has been restored and see what its gaps are.

Regards,

Lew