1928 Buick Master

ebak210

Hello

During restoration of my car I have discovered (at least) 3 problems:

- The light switch is broken, and has to be replaced. I have searced the ebay and other places on the internet, without any luck. I guess there is no possibility to find a new one (or NOS), so I am looking for a good used one. Anybody who can help me?

- The ignition switch is very hard to turn around (on / off). I have purchased a new ignition lock, but I guess it is no use to install this, before the switch is working.  Is it possible to dismantle the lock so I can oil it? Do I have to take the whole unit off, from the steering tube?

- The spark plug cover is missing. Is there anybody who have one for sale?

You might join our little group on Yahoo.com  You need to have a Yahoo account to join.  But is free.  Here is a link.  We have quite a few members who offer help and assistance.  

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/1927buicks/info

You also might want to contact Fred Rawlings.  He has a ton of nos and used parts for our cars.  fred.rawling@live.com

Spray WD-40 or such stuff into the key way of the switch, cannot hurt.  But more than likely the pot metal is starting to expand/decay causing the jam.  Good news is that it is a simple on/off type of switch.  You can by-pass it if need be.

Edited by unimogjohn (see edit history)

Your best bet for finding missing original parts is to set up a search on Ebay that send you emails daily when it finds matches for the key words that you enter.  This spark plug cover was for sale in August, and I just saw another one come and go in October.  These were lost because they served no real purpose other than for asthetics in the engine compartment.  Hugh

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1925-1935-Buick-Spark-Plug-Cover-30-034-with-retainers-/122072517071?hash=item1c6c16c9cf%3Ag%3AawwAAOSw3xJXo6Y3&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=kVHcUWJUIvozEUiBsP5NIWO7J1E%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557