83' Toronado Caliente

chistech

Prepping my sister's 83 Toronado Caliente to offer it for sale. It was her late husband's car that she's decided to sell. Nice original car with 130k. Not perfect but pretty nice with some unique options. The brakes are a little soft and when I went to check the wheel cylinders, I realize I need a special hubcap removal tool for the wire wheel hubcaps. It appears that is a special three prong type socket. Does anyone know where I can get one.

IMG_0032-1.jpg

There should be a special tool designed to fit over the bolt that retains the wheel cover.  Look in the glove box or where the spare tire is stored.  In the event of a missing key, there were special wheel lock removal tools available when these cars were new.  Some older mechanics may have one in their tool box.  If you can't find the correct tool it may be possible to force a tight fitting socket over the bolt to loosen it. Soak the bolt with penetrating oil for a few days if they are rusty.  Good luck.

Thanks Rick. I've looked everywhere for it in the car and my sister even looked in her husband's belongings. It's a small "T" handle type wrench but I understand they made four different pattern wrenches based on color codes like yellow, red, green, black. Or something like that. I'm going to try and drive a piece of metal conduit over the stud and see if it grips enough to be able to loosen it.