Dodge Brothers Australia 10th National Rally Warwick Qld

robert b

I have just returned from the Dodge Brothers 10 th National Rally (9th to 14th )  held in Warwick Queensland Australia on Southern Downs country side , in all 62  cars attended ranging from 1917 to 1938 , In all we had a great time and a very well run rally . I will post pics over the next few days  Bob

0016.JPG

0017.JPG

0026.JPG

0022.JPG

0005.JPG

0006.JPG

0007.JPG

0008.JPG

0009.JPG

0010.JPG

0011.JPG

0012.JPG

Over the five days about 500km  (300miles) .Day 1 -75km, day 2 -110km ,day 3 -35km, day 4-150km, day 5-130km, day 3 was a short run just out of town to Lislie Dam the Warwick water supply and than a free afternoon for all to do as they wish and have good look around town . Some pics of the dam will follow . Bob

We joined in the National Rally as well. As Bob noted, about 500kms on the rally itself, but we clocked up 1000km in total by the time we drove around locally and the trip to/from home. Looking forward to the next one in Geelong, Victoria in two years.

Bob's work as tail-end charlie was much appreciated ..

Cled was, not sure about Alan.

Long trips and rough roads are bit of a necessity - there's plenty of 'sunday drives' to go on locally, but if you want a longer trip, you have to be prepared to travel a bit. Others travelled further than we did though - I can think of a couple of folks who drove their cars 1000km just to get to the really (2000km round trip + rally). If we make it to Geelong in two years, that will be an 1800km drive each way. Already planning how i might make it to that one.

Edited by scottf
clarity (see edit history)

As 1 of the rally organisers and the owner of the 2251 senior six I was pleasantly surprised to see a 2249 senior six (wood wheels and deep purple colour)

and a 2251 senior six as well (on the trailer under restoration)

It was rare to see the three models at the one time given their rarity in Australia

Hi Stewart, Thank you and the team for a fantastic rally The venue, the places that we visited and mostly the people that we met and renewed friendships with was just great. That 2252 Sedan is sure going to be one magnificent car when its finished.I will have to get my rear end into gear and get my 2249 Tourer ready for 2020  

Thanks for the pics .. Looks like the weather gods were smiling on you..  I was unable to go to Warwick as I have just attended  The Chrysler Restorers National Rally in Cowra in the week before ... Went to Forbes and unlike the 2014 D.B Rally, the whole area is flooded and had to go to Forbes via Parkes .. All roads in the area were in atrocious condition with potholes and water over the road ...

Looks like you had a great event, and sorry we missed it

• 1 year later...

Thank you for the report and photos.  I hang out on the Buick forums though this DB thread gets my attention, you DB fellows always have interesting cars, problems and camaraderie.  If I could ever find a Victory Six roadster my heart would sing, lovely looking cars.

Regards, Gary

7 hours ago, cxgvd said:

Thank you for the report and photos.  I hang out on the Buick forums though this DB thread gets my attention, you DB fellows always have interesting cars, problems and camaraderie.  If I could ever find a Victory Six roadster my heart would sing, lovely looking cars.

Regards, Gary

The Victory roadster is a beautiful looking car, but I think there is only about 12 known in the world so that will be a hard one to get.