Regional meets... What other states do them?

AnniesSS

Today is the Fall NC Region meet in Spencer NC. I was wondering what other states do Regional meets? 

I'm curious also because NC gives out the Red Bird Award your first time at at Regional meet. Do other states do this also? :-)

In Virginia we have a non-geographical association of all the regions within the State called Old Dominion Meet Association (ODMA).  We have an annual Meet hosted by one of the regions within Virginia (each year a different region hosts the annual ODMA Meet).  Our next Meet is scheduled for 21-23 APR 2017 and will be hosted by the Tidewater Region (TRAACA).  Here is some info: http://odma.aaca.com/about/

Additionally TRAACA hosts an annual Meet the last weekend in September at the Military Aviation Museum in Pungo, VA (the site of our 2015 National Meet for those that attended).  Here is some info on our Annual Meet: http://www.militaryaviationmuseum.org/Wings_Wheels_2016.html

Matt

• Like 1

The Ontelaunee Region holds an annual 3 day event the first weekend inAugust called Das Awscht Fescht.  It is a non judged show that has attracted up to 3,000 cars.  Italso features a large flea market.   Every car gets a participation award with AACA national award winners receiving a special gift.   Come on up to Macungie Pa. this August and enjoy!!

• Like 1

Annie, we'd love to have you guys attend our Old Dominion Meet.  The location is fabulous - Founders Inn.   You can google it to see.   It should be a great event.  We usually have a number of NC cars attend.   First class event with AACA style judging. 

Terry

• Like 2

On 10/15/2016 at 7:17 AM, AnniesSS said:

Today is the Fall NC Region meet in Spencer NC. I was wondering what other states do Regional meets? 

I think that, of all the AACA regions throughout

the country, you will find that many, many of them

organize their own local shows, just as you say the

North Carolina region does.  The Gettysburg Region

and the Mason-Dixon Region in Penna.  have 

annual antique-car shows, for instance.

These shows vary in size, based on the

popularity of antique cars in a particular area.

The Ontelaunee Region's annual "Das Awkscht Fest,"

mentioned above, is the best local show I know.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Yes the Gettsburg Region has a nice show every yes at the  Latimore grounds  Go to our web site  .Next year it will be the Sat after the Founders tour . Come and enjoy both . Howard Tour chairman  .

• 2 months later...

I guess it being brought back up was a good thing since it got you to post the NC Region meet.  In case you are wondering what happened to the post that brought it up, it looked a bit unusual to me so I did some checking. It turned out to be an overseas spammer so he and his posts are gone now.:)

• Like 1

Rose City/Fort Vancouver Region, (Portland, Oregon, & Vancouver, Washington) usually organize a non judging one day meet on the weekend of Nation Car Collector day, this year will be one day meet will be around the  second weekend in July.  We working on finding a new site.  Targeting 200 cars.

Edited by packards42 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The Ohio Region consists of seven chapters.  Each Chapter usually has a monthly tour from April through October with gatherings at a restaurant some of the other months. 

Three times a year, April/May, July, & October we have an OHIO Region weekend tour hoisted by a chapter. 

Attendance at the Region Tours are open to everyone.

October of 2016 we met in Logan, OH in the Hocking Hills area. 

We will be having the May 2017 Region tour the weekend of May 5-7 at Painsville OH at the Quail Hollow Resort.  Friday, we will have an early bird tour to Fairport Harbor to visit the Finnish Museum and lighthouse.  Saturday, we will be touring Amish country with stops at two car collections, Rothenbuler Cheesemakers, Antique Shop.   Saturday evening we will have a banquet with an activity planned. 

EPSON003.JPG

July 21-23 weekend, we will meet in Richmond IN for an early bird visit to the Wayne County Historical Museum. 

Saturday, we will tour to the Wilber Wright Birth Place, Candle Outlet, Model T Museum, Antique Shopping Mall with an evening banquet.

EPSON001.JPG

Edited by huptoy (see edit history)
  • Like 1