RivNut

Rivieras for sale on local Craigslist

3 hours ago, BuickBoss said:

These make really nice drivers, especially on the highway.   This one is equipped with a 403 Oldsmobile engine (6.6 liter), TH400 transmission, and rear wheel drive.

Edited by RivNut
effing predictive text (see edit history)

Next thing on your agenda is to turn that battery 180° so the positive battery terminal is not so close to the inner panel on the hood. Yikes if they make contact - blows the whole wiring harness and everything attachedone,

The U in the task bar is 'on' making everything underlined.

Ed

Sometimes it doesn't damage the harness. The car just shuts off when the post welds to the hood. Then when you get out to open the hood, you get to the front corner and there is this big "Boom". Then liquid runs out of the bottom of the car just ahead of the left front wheel.

Back before cell phones you had to leave your wife and new born baby in the car (he's 34 now) and find a phone to call a friend with a chain.

That is one of a few ways I know how to blow up a battery.

My Wife only knows two and doesn't know the full details of either.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 1

When mine "made contact" most of the stuff under hood was toasted.  I think the interior wires were saved because of the way the p.o. wired in an amp meter.  The gauge was destroyed but once it blew, nothing down stream was affected.

Man oh man, a dark plum, with plum interior would be so RICH looking

If I owned one, it would go to Paul Aikin's interior shop down south, STUNNING work, I would go with Ultra Leather,

Dale in Indy 

On 10/21/2016 at 6:28 PM, EmTee said:

The Riviera XX is back -- discounted $1000 from the price when it was last listed this summer.  Tempting...

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/5839340371.html

In case you hadn't noticed,  this car has had the bumper fillers replaced with one of the early kits.  You'll notice joints in the centers of the corner pieces which totally ruins the lines of the car.  The newer kits are one piece.  The paint scheme was not continued properly on these fillers.  My thoughts.  They did this because the three color stripe decall is no longer available.

Ed

Yes Ed, I did see the fillers are not original.  Even though the stripe tape is not available I don't know why they didn't at least properly paint the beige where it belongs.  I'm sure someone could paint stripe to replicate the tape on the fillers.  As you noted before, the 1 of 502 is a double-edged sword.  With exclusivity comes impossible to find parts.  I do like the wheel and interior treatment on the XX though.  As far as collectability is concerned they seem to be fairly flat.  Unfortunately, (or fortunately?) I don't have the space nor the means to take on another 'dependent' right now...  :unsure:

Was able to snag the 66 in Cole Camp - it is the real deal GS with MW 425 , BS transmission, and Positraction rear end . I needed the fan shroud, 4 note horns, chrome single snorkel air cleaner  and a few other things for my restoration . Car had literally been sitting for 34 years in same place on the farm after 2nd owner broke a tie rod and didn't have time/money to fix it . Has 63,000 miles . Trim pieces and front bumper are good. Rear bumper has a ding that is repairable . Console is not cracked and shifter is complete . Front seat buckets are all there . If anyone needs parts , let me know and I am sure we can work out something . 

Ken Reed 

ROA 14549

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:08 AM, kreed said:

Was able to snag the 66 in Cole Camp - it is the real deal GS with MW 425 , BS transmission, and Positraction rear end . I needed the fan shroud, 4 note horns, chrome single snorkel air cleaner  and a few other things for my restoration . Car had literally been sitting for 34 years in same place on the farm after 2nd owner broke a tie rod and didn't have time/money to fix it . Has 63,000 miles . Trim pieces and front bumper are good. Rear bumper has a ding that is repairable . Console is not cracked and shifter is complete . Front seat buckets are all there . If anyone needs parts , let me know and I am sure we can work out something . 

Ken Reed 

ROA 14549

Congrats!  This post has already paid off. Do you have cornering lights? I might upgrade.

That 67 GS in Florida- why are the valve covers wrong? Maybe someone swapped engines? Sure looks like a 67 except for that. Still looks like a decent buy

On 10/23/2016 at 9:08 AM, kreed said:

Ken Reed 

ROA 14549

Hi Ken,

Sent PM, thanks,

Tom Mooney

48 minutes ago, rocky5517 said:

That 67 GS in Florida- why are the valve covers wrong? Maybe someone swapped engines? Sure looks like a 67 except for that. Still looks like a decent buy

Guessing its a 455. I'd like to grab the posi' rear and cornering lights off her. Two '67 options.

I wonder if she has front disks.

On October 23, 2016 at 7:08 AM, kreed said:

Ken Reed 

ROA 14549

Interested in the 66 BS/GS Transmission for my 66 GS. PMed you. Thank you.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 9:08 AM, kreed said:

Ken Reed 

ROA 14549

Ken

I am happy you got it but was hoping to restore.  Maybe you can offer the rest of the car as a restoration project to the wider Riviera collectors in the ROA, BCA. That's an impressive project if it truly has only 63,000 miles.   I know you can part it out and make your money back, and it's your car, but hoping you would sell complete after taking your parts for your car...