RivNut

Rivieras for sale on local Craigslist

251 posts in this topic

I'm willing to try to start an ongoing thread that would alert any prospective buyers to what I would call deals on earlier Rivieras that a person might not otherwise find.  I'd also think that it could be used to ask others who are looking to see what's in areas to which they don't have access unless they're willing to look at every city that has a Craigslist.

Don't post anything other than a title and a link.  You're not responsible for anything other than letting others know what's out there.  It's up to them to make contact and get details.

I'll start with this one: a 1966 Gran Sport in Cole Camp, Missouri (Central close to the Lake of the Ozarks.)

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5822062304.html

If that 66 GS was near me, I'd have already shown up with a cash in hand offer, trailer with winch, a jack and a set of wheels/tires. That is an awesome parts car especially if the block is not cracked.

It is a pity it has been let go, that 66 is a desirable car with bucket seats and centre console, just how they should be!

A great parts car or an awesome project for someone. ( but not me!)

Since I started looking at Craigslist I have been very entertained by the pictures of cars the sellers post. (My kids say I am a little too easy to entertain.)

I keep seeing picture and thinking "Couldn't you just move that car three feet so it's not sunk in the ground?" Then I get to wishing I had saved some of the sunken treasures or the interiors full of trash and garbage.

October 2nd I created a folder called "Sunk In". Thank you! I have added another picture.

Bernie

Sunk In contributions welcomed at bernie@berniedaily.com

For those of you who may be looking for something unique to the Riviera world, here's a picture of a '75 Riviera with the webs in the rally wheels painted red from the factory.

It's on the Appleton, WI Craigslist but you'll have to misspell Riviera to find it.  Type in Riveria.  That spelling plus 'buick rivera' will get you untold results you won't get by spelling it correctly.

48K; not a bad ride for $2,500.

2 people like this

1963 Buick Riviera with 401 Nail Head - $3800 (Springfield Taxachusetts)

https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/5798270997.html

1971 Buick Riviera GS - $15000 (west barnstable)

https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/5808144844.html

1968 Buick Riviera - price reduced - $12500 (West Springfield)

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/5771334435.html

Yeah, I would of course need to inspect that 67 GS in person to check GS status. 

The 66 GS is an interesting find.  Loaded up but no power windows.  The steering wheel is cracked but the precious horn bar is still intact.  Amazing!

1 person likes this

Good idea Ed. I'm not crazy about pinning a lot of stuff to the top but this may have value. Let me know if you want me to pin it. 

Will do.  It will depend on what kind of reaction it gets.  If we were to post every Riviera for sale across the continent, it would be very busy.  If we only list projects, and what we'd consider to be good deals, then it might not be as popular.  Time will tell.  Thanks for your considerations.

Ed

Keep contributing and it will stay high on the list. I will try to help.

Bernie

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 10:25 AM, RivNut said:

For those of you who may be looking for something unique to the Riviera world, here's a picture of a '75 Riviera with the webs in the rally wheels painted red from the factory.

It's on the Appleton, WI Craigslist but you'll have to misspell Riviera to find it.  Type in Riveria.  That spelling plus 'buick rivera' will get you untold results you won't get by spelling it correctly.

48K; not a bad ride for $2,500.

Gone already.  That's my kind of car and I wish I would have known about it. Not a fan of white but 74-76 Rivieras are pretty rare.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 8:31 AM, Pat Curran said:

The 66 GS is an interesting find.  Loaded up but no power windows.  The steering wheel is cracked but the precious horn bar is still intact.  Amazing!

Pat

This kind of project - 10-15 years ago - would have been sold yesterday.  Today's culture devalues these projects because it would take $50,000 to restore a $15,000 car. But man, that is so tempting.  I would do a color change, to a dark plum or such.   Supposedly, this car could be parted for $2000 or so.

My concern with any Riviera like this is who does the upholstery?  Those buckets and rear seats - are they being kit reproduced or do you have to get  shop to do them? 

6 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

http://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/5830684771.html

Nice looking car, but the photographer appears to be dressed like a Fiat owner.

Bernie

Finally, a car I can afford and want to won. Love the color, originality.  I would need someone local to go check it out because I am in Iowa. 

3 hours ago, Imperial62 said:

Finally, a car I can afford and want to won. Love the color, originality.  I would need someone local to go check it out because I am in Iowa. 

Agree -- this one seems like a bargain for someone looking for a 2nd gen!  ;)

Yea I thought same thing. At least he saved the original hood.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Imperial62 said:

Pat

This kind of project - 10-15 years ago - would have been sold yesterday.  Today's culture devalues these projects because it would take $50,000 to restore a $15,000 car. But man, that is so tempting.  I would do a color change, to a dark plum or such.   Supposedly, this car could be parted for $2000 or so.

My concern with any Riviera like this is who does the upholstery?  Those buckets and rear seats - are they being kit reproduced or do you have to get  shop to do them? 

OPGI sells a fantastic deluxe set. Dead on perfect. (Black, anyway) I can send ya pics.

Don't know about the other colors.

Edited by PWB
typo (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Imperial62 said:

I've found that you can usually find a competent upholster in most cities that can easily replicate any interior if they have something from which to work.  If there's anything left of the original, then they can reproduce what you need.  I've found it easier / less expensive to sometimes just have the panels that are worn replaced rather than going for a complete re-po kit.

On my '65, only the "seat buns" are worn.  I got a quote to replace only those panels and use the backs and sides from the originals and it was much cheaper than buying a complete kit.

That upholstery comment just reminded me of the driver's seat upper upholstery I bought from Clark's two years ago. Time sure flies. I guess I better get that job done, too.

Oh, it looks great.

Bernie