Rivieras and Riviera parts for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.

RivNut

Not my posting.

RIVIERA PARTS - $7 (SACTO)

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/d/elk-grove-riviera-parts/6808898156.html

VARIOUS EARLY YEARS RIVIERA PARTS
1. 1965 POWER WIND WING DOOR SET
2. 1965 HUB CAP SET
3. 1966 HUB CAP SET
4.1970 FRONT GRILL. SET
5.EMBLEMS VARIOUS YEARS LETTERS
6. STRATO BENCH SEATS
7. POWER SEAT SETS
8.VARIOUS CHROME PIECES MANY YEARS
9.MIRRORS
10. SEAT MOTORS
11.1969 REAR SIDE WINDOWS
12. DOOR PANELS
13.CLOCKS
14. FACTORY WHEELS
15. TOO MANY MORE TO LIST

50 minutes ago, cjp69 said:

This one sold for $39k plus commission at the Leake Auction in Tulsa in June 2018. 

Anyone notice there is NO vehicle description on this Ebay listing,  just photographs. Kind of odd for a retailer not to list something to describe the car.

Even the dealership website has less information. Not even any pictures. :-\

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)

1 hour ago, NC68Riviera said:

Anyone notice there is NO vehicle description on this Ebay listing,  just photographs. Kind of odd for a retailer not to list something to describe the car.

Even the dealership website has less information. Not even any pictures. :-\

Dealership has photos, but no info.

http://www.landroverbellevue.com/inventory/1965-buick-riviera-coupe-494475h926481

Here is the ad from the auction last year:

https://www.leakecar.com/vehicle/32868/1965-Buick-Riviera/

Options and Highlights

• Freshly rebuilt 425 CI nailhead V-8 engine with 4 bbl carb
  • TH400 automatic transmission
  • Correct black exterior
  • Correct black leather bucket seat interior
  • Power steering
  • Power brakes
  • Factory air conditioning
  • AM/FM radio with power antenna
  • Power windows
  • Courtesy lights
  • Power trunk release
  • Speed sensor

Here is Rick Carey's auction report on the car:

Lot # 3217 1965 Buick Riviera 2-Dr. Hardtop; S/N 494475H926481; Black/Black leather; Older restoration, 2- condition; With Reserve; Hammered Sold at $39,000 plus commission of 10.00%; Final Price $42,900 – 425/325hp, automatic, wheel covers, narrow whitewalls, bucket seats, console, factory air conditioning, pushbutton radio, power steering, power brakes, power windows. – Good but older paint and chrome. Lightly scratched and dinged window frames. Very good fresh leather. Some dull original switchgear but mostly very good interior. Fresh-looking underneath. A handsome but basic older restoration. – The ’65 Riviera is a seriously handsome and understated automobile with ample performance to go with its sleek shape. It looks great in black over black and obviously caught the attention of the bidders here in Tulsa to bring this handsome but not excessive price.

Edited by cjp69 (see edit history)

For grins and giggles I called the Land Rover dealer and asked him a couple of questions about the '65 Riviera.  My questions were: 

Where is the shroud for the fan? 

Why is there a 1964 air cleaner on a 1965?

Not too much of a response from the salesman that I talked with.  😊

3 hours ago, RivNut said:

For grins and giggles I called the Land Rover dealer and asked him a couple of questions about the '65 Riviera.  My questions were: 

Where is the shroud for the fan? 

Why is there a 1964 air cleaner on a 1965?

Not too much of a response from the salesman that I talked with.  😊

I mean, pretty weird for a non-classic car dealership to sell something like this. They're not going to know sh*% about it. I wonder if the dealership owner wants to keep it but is throwing it out there just in case someone bites that worm.

I think it's being sold on consignment.  The salesman with whom i talked said something about this car being sold from someone's collection.  When I told him that the ad was posted on this forum along with an ad from a year ago where the car was sold for $39K, he kind of coughed and said "I'll talk with the sales manager."  Could get interesting.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 5:32 PM, RivNut said:

I think it's being sold on consignment.  The salesman with whom i talked said something about this car being sold from someone's collection.  When I told him that the ad was posted on this forum along with an ad from a year ago where the car was sold for $39K, he kind of coughed and said "I'll talk with the sales manager."  Could get interesting.

Wouldn't it be a fairly rare car with a single carb 425 as well? And, if it is a numbers matchimg single carb 425, would it explain the big air cleaner. I don't know that I have ever seen a 65 Riv with a 425 and one carb, but I know they made them.

2,311 65 Riviera were built with the optional 425,  Over 3800 Riviera were built with the dual four barrel engine.  More rare, yes; more desirable no. The pancake air cleaner came on the 63 and 64 only, except in '66, a chrome plated pancake air cleaner was part of the single four barrel Rochester quadrajet Gran Sport.  In '65 both the single four barrel 401 and 425 used the same air cleaner.  

The 465 on this air cleaner describes the engine in this 65 Riviera as a 425 cubic inch engine.

Image result for 1965 buick riviera 425 nailhead

The 445 on this air cleaner describes the engine in this 65 Riviera as a 401 cubic inch engine.

Related image

• Like 1

https://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/d/seymour-1966-buick-riviera/6818886511.html

1966 Buick Riviera 2 door coupe. 70,000 miles. Body is in good shape and interior in good shape. Power windows and locks. Power seats. Factory air. Needs radiator and fan blade for motor. Automatic transmission. No title. Title was lost, there are no liens on car. $3500

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/d/fremont-1971-buick-riviera/6818876835.html

1971 Buick riviera - $19000 (Surperior) hide this posting unhide

< image 3 of 3 >
00808_lbIMc5zIf8U_600x450.jpg
00J0J_12c6SisUawk_600x450.jpg
3172.png3172.png3171.png3171.png3173.png3173.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
J street at 3rd street

(google map)

1971 Buick

drive: rwd
fuel: gas
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

All redone inside out!!
New Motor 455
New trans w shift kit
New paint
New tires
New stereo system
New exhaust
Runs like a dream.!! Any questions text Anthony 510 789 9615

https://elmira.craigslist.org/cto/d/cayuta-car-truck/6818364763.html

CAR & TRUCK - $10000 (CAYUTA)

image 5 of 8
00202_i3D7kT4S4qv_600x450.jpg
00U0U_hQE3WDVWEs8_600x450.jpg
00a0a_gbGGPfRUnh4_600x450.jpg
00505_gyUXAc335WD_600x450.jpg
00404_aEbZyIUAYVY_600x450.jpg
00u0u_gRur70sPSIS_600x450.jpg
00P0P_1xC59xGaKGO_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
6150 State Route 13

(google map)

1970 1970 BUICK RIVERA GS

condition: excellent
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 49000
paint color: blue
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: coupe

1970 BUICK RIVERA GS FOR SALE . ONE OWNER . 49 K MILES . HAVE ORIGINAL WINDOW STICKER .
LOADED WITH OPTIONS ,AIR,CRUISE,POWER WINDOW .POWER LOCK . POWER SEATS, 8 TRACK PLAYER.GRAND SPORT TRIM PKG. AND RALLY WHEELS . EXCELLENT RUNNING CONDITION. 10 K OR INTERESTING TRADE .

Hey all, 

Life circumstances have lead to me having to put my Riviera up for sale. Here the link to the CL ad. 

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/spokane-buick-riviera/6810327959.html

Here is a link to additonal photos and a couple videos. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GbpqxD9qlpwXukCSA2cKJFJG8-c88FcR

Thanks, 

If you have any questions, email, text or call!

Thanks for looking!

Zach 

509-990-4839

_I0A4010.jpg

_I0A6760-2.jpg

Edited by neatname (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 6:01 AM, steelman said:

Isn’t this the car Chris in Las Vegas built? His was an off color blue and had the combo interior.

Yes that was my car, I popped in to the forum to see if anyone here might have gotten it or knows where it went.  I just found the website listing tonight.  The guy who bought it from me doesnt seem to have done anything except drive it, the air filter is alot dirtier then when I sold it.

24 minutes ago, Pat Curran said:

There is a loaded 66 GS listed on "Bring a Trailer."  It has the mini console, wood wheel and multiplex stereo as well.  It has all the visual cues of a GS except it does not have the GS badge on the wood trim below the glove box.  Not sure if it is legit or not.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-buick-riviera-4/

This one also sold at the Leake Auction in June of 2018.  $17k plus 10% comm.  Will be interesting to see if BAT brings more money.

Interesting that this car, as well as the 65 Riv mentioned previously in this thread, both sold at the Leake Tulsa auction and ended up with the same dealer in WA state.

Here is Rick Carey's assessment:

Lot # 2261 1966 Buick Wildcat Gran Sport 2-Dr. Hardtop; S/N 494876H905294; Maroon/Black vinyl; Cosmetic restoration, 3+ condition; With Reserve; Hammered Sold at $17,000 plus commission of 10.00%; Final Price $18,700 – 425/340hp, automatic, narrow whitewalls, bucket seats, console, column shift, power windows, factory AM/FM radio, power seats, tilt steering column, factory air conditioning. – Old paint with some scuffs and details scratches. Paint coming off the wheels. A little rough underneath with some oxidation. The fender lips don’t fit straight. Good interior that is original other than the seats and carpets. A basic driver. – But it brought a price that should have bought a much better example. The difference isn’t a lot in absolute dollars, but in percentage terms this car brought something like 50% more than it should have.

Edited by cjp69 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cjp69 said:

This one also sold at the Leake Auction in June of 2018.  $17k plus 10% comm.  Will be interesting to see if BAT brings more money.

Interesting that this car, as well as the 65 Riv mentioned previously in this thread, both sold at the Leake Tulsa auction and ended up with dealers in WA state.

Here is Rick Carey's assessment:

Lot # 2261 1966 Buick Wildcat Gran Sport 2-Dr. Hardtop; S/N 494876H905294; Maroon/Black vinyl; Cosmetic restoration, 3+ condition; With Reserve; Hammered Sold at $17,000 plus commission of 10.00%; Final Price $18,700 – 425/340hp, automatic, narrow whitewalls, bucket seats, console, column shift, power windows, factory AM/FM radio, power seats, tilt steering column, factory air conditioning. – Old paint with some scuffs and details scratches. Paint coming off the wheels. A little rough underneath with some oxidation. The fender lips don’t fit straight. Good interior that is original other than the seats and carpets. A basic driver. – But it brought a price that should have bought a much better example. The difference isn’t a lot in absolute dollars, but in percentage terms this car brought something like 50% more than it should have.

In your opinion, is it a legit GS?

9 minutes ago, cjp69 said:

I am not sure Pat.  I also find it strange that it doesn't have the GS Badge below the glove box door, as it looks like original woodgrain still. 

It has all the visual cues except the missing badge below the glove box door.  Like you say, the woodgrain has patina and looks original.  I didn't see a positraction tag on the rear diff but that could have gone missing over the years.  It is a loaded car and with a little TLC, could be brought to a higher level.

• Like 1

Yea, not even witness lines of GS monogram  on the glove box. Even if silver overlay came off which they do there would be a witness line.

Would have to assume clone unless we could see an limited slip axle tag, PY stamp, or BS code trans or all of the above. Interesting there is a bazillion pics of underside but none of the differential cover. I think the paint job will be much worse in person than in pics. Does look pretty dry underneath though and very nice interior. Not a bad car overall.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:56 PM, alini said:

Yes that was my car, I popped in to the forum to see if anyone here might have gotten it or knows where it went.  I just found the website listing tonight.  The guy who bought it from me doesnt seem to have done anything except drive it, the air filter is alot dirtier then when I sold it.

Interestingly, it looks like the guy who bought your car back in August on BAT, is the same guy (dealership), that is selling the plum 66 GS (maybe) on BAT that is being discussed above!

https://bringatrailer.com/member/dmitrim/

1964 Buick Riviera numbers matching 425 dual quad car. This is about 35 miles from where I live. Seller has the original invoice for the car. There's no Gran Sport badge on glovebox, but there is on tail panel and fenders. I am assuming someone added those? Should be interesting to see what it sells for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Buick-Riviera/333082988739?hash=item4d8d4b10c3:g:6rkAAOSw94NcbKsy:rk:1:pf:0&vxp=mtr

1 hour ago, JJ62 said:

1964 Buick Riviera numbers matching 425 dual quad car. This is about 35 miles from where I live. Seller has the original invoice for the car. There's no Gran Sport badge on glovebox, but there is on tail panel and fenders. I am assuming someone added those? Should be interesting to see what it sells for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Buick-Riviera/333082988739?hash=item4d8d4b10c3:g:6rkAAOSw94NcbKsy:rk:1:pf:0&vxp=mtr

Why would anyone try to pass a '64 off as a Gran Sport.  Not an option in '64.  Makes you wonder how much he's lowered the value of the car by drilling holes in the body to mount the Gran Sport emblems.

On 11/25/2018 at 8:54 PM, JJ62 said:

This "65 GS" looks a bit iffy, but I thought I would post it anyways... No badges, no back seat, paint bubbling. Not mine.

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d/65-buick-riviera-gs/6741675310.html

On 11/25/2018 at 8:54 PM, JJ62 said:

This "65 GS" looks a bit iffy, but I thought I would post it anyways... No badges, no back seat, paint bubbling. Not mine.

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d/65-buick-riviera-gs/6741675310.html

On 11/25/2018 at 9:15 PM, kreed said:

You are correct about the "iffy" . Many issues  such as Engine code is MW which is a 66 425  single carb . Good engine but certainly not a 65 LX . 

KReed

ROA 14549 

On 11/25/2018 at 9:23 PM, RivNut said:

No LX engine. No Gran Sport badges, No doubt it's not a Gran Sport.  

Looks more like:

1965 Riviera 

1966 engine

add on dual four barrels.

? Super Wildcat air cleaner

? BS coded transmission

? Positrac rear end

Makes you have pity for the unsuspecting buyer.

On 11/26/2018 at 1:27 AM, psychostang said:

I actually emailed the seller.  He stated that the engine wasn't original, but the rest of the drivetrain was.  He said he has other pictures and paperwork from the previous owner stating that it was a GS.  It was also for sale for $12000 or so.

On 11/26/2018 at 7:39 PM, lrlforfun said:

OK Riviera People: If someone could get this  for cheep....I'm guessin' 5-6 Grand they could nibble on it and have a decent looking car with out being buried. Blow it apart and media blast this thing and the cash register is gonna ring off the hook.   Another overpriced heap in a sea of overpriced heaps. If the seller needed the dough it would have been gone a year and a half ago.  Mitch

Sigh, Where to begin lol. 

I can finally say this GS will finally get the restoration it deserves!

The car is an original GS. 

Here is the real story starting back in 1997.

My Dad had many 63-65 rivs in the 80s and 90s. As he got closer to retirement he wanted one really nice riv to have at the end if you will. Found one in Ravenna OH and him, myself and a buddy drove down to see from WNY. Got there and looked at the riv and he liked it and made the deal. Come to find out they ALSO had a 1 owner, 65 red/black GS but they weren't selling as it was the now deceased husbands car and they were going to redo it. Car needed a totally resto and sittng many many years.Long story short I convinced my Dad to buy it and then had to convince them to sell it. Long story short deal was made(2500!)

The cleaner riv got new paint and tiding up for a driver. 

The GS went to a local guy we new for a Rotisserie resto. To make this long story a little shorter the guy was a complete hack that actually had his house foreclosed during the process. Had the car a total of 11 or 12 yrs. Finally my Dad just picked the car up as it was at about 90%. Pretty sure he sabatoged the car subtly behind pick up( steering wheel fell off in driveway, both carbs were tuned wide open, etc)

Anyways my Dad was so angry he just parked it in the driveway and left it. (Actually sued and got a judgement but guy really Doesnt have anything)

I was only about 35 then but was starting to make decent money and had the idea that I would have someone he didn't know buy it and then I would restore it the right way. Well along comes the guy that wound up buying it(the guy with the CL ad) and ruined my plans!!! A few yrs later my Dad actually died suddenly without a riv(did have a new GS vet but always missed his rivs).

Over the last few years I started bugging the guy who had the riv to sell it to me so I could restore it right. He drove it regularly but always parked it outside. Off road in winter but just in driveway.

Well last yr he told me he was selling and wanted 20k. I was going to offer him 8 or 9. He put on CL and went no where lowering every couple of months. When he was down to 13 we talked again and told me he would take 11 and I told him he had to be under 10. Couple months later he told me 9 and I went to look and almost pulled the trigger and offer him 8. Told wifey and she flipped out when I told her I wanted to put another 30-50 into it to make it perfect for Dad. I have his Vette and bought back his Riv SA#25  a few yrs back too. ( neat story if you google it) So she was mad I was going to buy another car he had that I won't drive. I tell him I pass and I just can't buy it and wish him well. Month or so passes and he tells me he had a Guy out west trying to send a check to buy it and details sounded VERY sketchy.  Car was down to 7500 now which didn't make sense as it is a real GS and everything matched except the block( more to that story....) and just had a frame off albeit a not so good one a few yrs prior. He then started to tell me he would really like me buy it because he knows I would make it right. I'm on the phone talking to wifey and he texts me I can have it for what he gave my Dad for it. 6k!!!!!

I told her I have to do it and she reluctantly agreed!!!!!!

Seemed like the car was meant for me to have it back all along!

Anyways will be picking up weds or Thursday and bringing home. 

He has all the original badges and extra parts to make complete plus a bunch more my Dad had. Interior is back in the car and near perfect. Car is still very solid but def needs to be done right. My Dad had the engine rebuilt by some renown buick guy . All I remember is his shop was at the top of a very tall hill and way east of buffalo. Want to say Albany area. What we don't know is what engine was in car when my Dad bought it. Was it blown back in the day and someone put a 66 block in there? Did the scumbag restorer switch it or blow it up? There Was rumors he was driving it. 

Everything else matches as should and has been checked out in the past by a couple knowledgeable ROA members in the WNY area. I think it just had a 66 block in it for whatever reason when my Dad bought it.

Anyways after this incredibly long story which I hope goes through, I will have many many questions and know I'm at the best place to have them answered!!!!!

Have a good one and God bless!