RivNut

Rivieras for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.

Same CL listing as in post #542.  If you look at the pictures of the engine compartment, you'll see the original single reservoir master cylinder.  I'm betting the seller is mistaken about the disk brakes.

Post #542 was ebay link, I posted Chicago CL ad for same car.  Clasic-Old car type dealer. I've seen Buicks at too many of these kind of places and the sellers are simply not knowledgeable about our cars.  If it had disc brakes I'd expect at least a picture of it.  No data tag picture either, not sure it was originally black.  Door jams look painted with striker latch painted too.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/buick/riviera/2097662.html#&gid=1&pid=13

That's my old car :(. Note the rear shoulder belts. VERY RARE. If anyone is seriously interested PM or email me. I'll give ya the inside scoop. If it wasn't so expensive I'd buy it back.

62523606-770-0@2X.jpg

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

That red one is interesting. Someone punched a chrome ring in the front fender? What is that?

And wire wheels on a GS. So the rally wheels were optional? Looks weird like that!

24 minutes ago, bodayguy said:

That red one is interesting. Someone punched a chrome ring in the front fender? What is that?

And wire wheels on a GS. So the rally wheels were optional? Looks weird like that!

That's a key switch on the fender for a vintage alarm system. Not uncommon back in the day to put on fender especially on more expensive cars. Those wheel covers are wrong for the car. Looks like mid to late 70s vintage but I'm no expert on those.

Forgot to mention - yes the chrome wheels were optional. I believe the standard wheel cover was specific/different to the GS

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Well, given a choice I'd probably take the 4 legged wildcat. I actually like Gassers but.......that's, ahhh grotesque. Poor thing

• Like 1