RivNut

Rivieras for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.

17 hours ago, PWB said:

My goodness, Santa is comin' to town

I had no idea these used parts commanded these sums;

"Pan $250

Foam $100

Gear $250

Motor $400

Cables - extra"

Wasn't '72 a moon roof (solid panel), not a "sunroof"?  

Paul

Moonroof, sunroof, all these terms to me, mean the same - a hole cut in the roof to allow a simulated convertible experience.  There is a 73 on my local craigs list for $1500 that has the "moonroof", MaxTrac and posi (GS) and to be honest, I could care less about the moonroof option, MaxTrac.  I love 73 Rivieras.  For some reason I like them better than the 71-72's.  I like the front ends better and the boat tail design of the 73's.  

That seller feels he has a super rare car commanding the $1500.  He does, but the Max trac will probably never be operational again even if restored, and the moonroof is a curiosity at best.  With working A/C, and good ventilation, few owners care about that moon roof in my opinion. 

I have owned 5 1971-73 Boattails and the interiors are a bit dark and lack the airy-ness of the earlier Rivieras.  Therefore, again, not sure how much the option added to the driving pleasure of a 73.  To me, buckets, console, a GS, especially a Stage 1, that 3.42 posi, and rebuilt suspension with gas shocks and sway bar, is what I want.

These guys with these "rare" parts - like 2x4's posis and moonroofs, seem to believe there is an unlimited demand for the rare stuff.  Not for me.

Also has the optional inverted air cleaner lid.  Good for another 5 HP and 3 dB of intake howl!  ;)

1967 Riviera parts / project car - $850

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/1967-buick-riviera/6333120768.html

1967 Buick Riviera 2 door. 430 engine, 'Super Turbine' Turbo 400 transmission. (Variable pitch torque converter).
Power steering, power brakes, factory air conditioning - all the parts are there and still connected.
Cool hide away headlights that pivot down from under the hood.
Has been stored for 20 years. Has a good amount of rust but still a very good project car.
Does not run, will need to be towed. $850

• Like 1

1968 in Independence, MO The guy says he's selling because he's hard up for cash; might be willing to deal. ?????

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/d/1968-buick-riviera/6374961456.html

Needs center caps.  It appears that the side moldings are the self adhesive mylar chrome; easily removed.

Ed

35 minutes ago, RivNut said:

1968 in Independence, MO The guy says he's selling because he's hard up for cash; might be willing to deal. ?????

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/d/1968-buick-riviera/6374961456.html

Needs center caps.  It appears that the side moldings are the self adhesive mylar chrome; easily removed.

Ed

And "new paint job and and glass windows"

Better not pull the optional mylar side moldings or the paint will come off just as the door jamb and trunk lid did.  LoL

Looks like rain - the Suzuki and house windows' got the tarps up.

00D0D_Wcl6xlLnhy_1200x900.jpg

00Y0Y_k9sbzBCCX9r_1200x900.jpg

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1965-buick-riviera-gs/6423352139.html

For Sale: 1965 Riviera. The car is a GS but the LX 425 and dual quads are long gone. I believe the transmission and rear end are original. It has a 1965 LT (401) engine currently. 53000 actual miles. Clear PA title in my name. The interior is mostly there but in poor condition. Body is fairly solid with no significant or structural rust other than the front of the hood. It ran when I parked it 5 years or so ago and the clamshells worked. I have owned it since 2005, but have not personally seen the car in a few years. The car is at a friend's shop in Freedom, PA just outside of Pittsburgh. I am near Altoona.

01414_2iVBR6a02l1_1200x900.jpg

Edited by JZRIV
new link (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, NCRiviera said:

Posting has been deleted from CR.

It wasn't up long enough to expire so someone must have thought it was a good deal!

I noticed this one, another example of a seller needing to study a little bit, maybe even "get a clue", before posting an ad ...

1966 BUICK RIVIERA 2 DOOR HARD TOP - $1

1966 BUICK RIVIERA ONE OF A KIND BARN FIND. 455 BIG BLOCK MATCHING NUMBERS ALL ORIGINALS. PAINT & INTERIOR IS ALL ORIGINAL AND IN GREAT CONDITION.VERY LOW MILES 48K. RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT,ONE OWNER CAR. HAS ALL ORIGINAL CHROME AND ALL ORIGINAL PARTS. IN GREAT SHAPE.
COMES WITH THE ORIGINAL MANUALS AND PAPERWORK. FACTORY AIR CONDITIONING,ELECTRIC WINDOWS,CRUISE CONTROL,TITLE STEERING. LUXURY CAR
MUST SEE TO APPRECIATE THIS CAR. CALL 757-587-6781 LEAVE MESSAGE TO SET UP APPOINTMENT.
25K OR BEST OFFER

01616_eK71UHlo1rp_1200x900.thumb.jpg.b13bf4a77d3584f3306bbffe5d4aaa59.jpg

00K0K_6genNBMrvJR_1200x900.thumb.jpg.546f1a95c50cc101c7f47043c52a89d3.jpg

A member of my BCA club in the Raleigh, NC area is selling his 65 Riviera. 

See his Craigslist ad: https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1965-buick-riviera/6424646247.html

I have not seen this car but I may be able to look at it if anyone is seriously interested in it. 20171210_141957.thumb.jpg.e3ac705f9f4f71009e60aad8855fc9ce.jpg20171210_142103.thumb.jpg.a8db87d883c68200aa8fcc65e006e88a.jpg

Edited by Fayetteville, NC (see edit history)
  • Like 1

OK Riviera People: It's been a while since I pulled an engine out of a 65 Riv but I seem to remember that the engine might have to come out to really do a nice freeze plug job. Am I correct or has dementia set in?  Also....could the block be cracked???  DIAGNOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Mitch