Help I.D. this car.

McKay8BA

It is a 32 or 33  Nash.  It is no larger than the smallest 8 in those years, as the fender top light looked to be the smaller one.

If you have  picture of the dash, even without gauges, that will Id it as a 32 or 33 for sure. 

If the car is still there, you can get the body tag info from the tag I have circled in white.  That tag will have a 4 digit number which the first two gives the coded year, like 10 for 32 and 11 for 33, the last two gives the body style code, and model of chassis, 

such as 60 for 4 dr sedan Big Six,

67 for 4Dr Town sedan Six, or

70 is small 8 4 dr sedan,

77 for small 8 4 dr town sedan

There will also be another number that is the total of that body style to date.

Being that this car has the tag on right side, I believed this was a right hand drive car. But an older post says Washington State?

P1030795_thumb_JPG_65bb72b4f7b7d3630d314c1b58d64e90.jpg

Edited by F&J (see edit history)

Thank you very much for the info. Yes, this car is still there and I can get the tag info. If anyone is in dire need of any parts just PM me. The owner is one step away from scrapping it....hate to see that happen . Someone may need a part.

50 minutes ago, Fleek said:

interesting info................

Quote from your link,  This explains why 1933 Nash has a extremely low survivor rate today:

Although it faired better than most during the Depression, employment at Nash fell dramatically, and by 1933 two-thirds of Seaman’s work force had also been let go.

Nash and General Motors were the only two companies to show a profit in 1932.  I find it hard to believe that Nash made so many different chassis models and different size motors in the worst part of the depression.  Very few survive

The 11 in the first number is for 1933 only

The 3 indicates the exact chassis model...yours is the smallest 8 cylinder chassis, The Standard 8, which I believe is the only flathead 8 in this year

The 7 indicates the exact body style....yours is a Town Sedan which has no quarter windows

the 373 indicates the 373rd car built in this model so far.

Note; the 3 large sedans at the very bottom of this poster, shows the 142" longer chassis Ambassador that had the nickname of "The Kenosha Duesenberg"  These were very large impressive cars.

DSCN0751.JPG

DSCN0750.JPG

• Like 1

One more tidbit on history of Nash, and the fact that not all printed materials are totally accurate:

As you can see in the poster, the "Big Six" was no longer available in the 2 door convertible sedan that was available in 1932..

That is an error.  I found this car listing on Ebay some years ago.  It was imported back to the USA from South America in 1978.  I did see the photo of it's body build tag, and it is 100% authentic, and shows it to be a 33 Big Six, with the correct "3" designation for the 2 door convertible sedan. 

I only know of one other 1933 2 door convertible sedan which is the "Special 8"  model shown in the poster, and it was owned by a current active member of this AACA website.  His car was body number 11, as far as production total "to date".

(My Nash 2 door convertible sedan is a 1932 Big Six (Body number 38), and I have found two others which were in Panama, and other was in Argentina.)

Can you tell I love  32/33 Nash?  LOL

s-l16004.jpg

• Like 1