Hershey Vendor To Be Recognized

oldford

I think the treatment I received from a particular vendor should be noted.  Last year I purchased a 4' section of running board rubber matting from Restorations Specialties (from PA) in the Chocolate Field South. It was over $12 per foot, but it was what I wanted. I got home last year and immediately started to trim it to fit and found that it was quite dry rotted and it ripped into two or three pieces. This year I went to that vendor and quietly told him of my experience and he looked shocked. I had forgotten to bring the torn piece with me, but without hesitation, he cut another 4' piece and gave it to me, no charge. I offered to give him something to cover his cost, since I felt anything could have happened beyond his control, but he said that he did not work this way and he was glad to give me another piece. This is one vendor I think all of us should patronize.

Frank

• Like 2

Very last day for me, Friday, I left the Green field about 3 pm, drove to Chocolate World, parked, and bought a bunch of chocolate. One  of the advantages of towing a camper is that you can park right in front of the place, where buses park.  After buying a bunch of sugar and cocoa (and seriously, why is it sometimes more expensive at the "company store", but my family expects a bag full...), asked security guard if I could hop over to Chocolate field and bring a poster to Mary Roth, he said sure.

On the way back, I stopped at the Restoration Specialties tent, was helped immediately, and then bought 50 feet of half round 3/8 rubber which is used for door panels design.  A VERY generous measure, quick service, I agree, nice people to work with!!

These folks are excellent to deal with and are always accommodating when I visit their shop in Windber, Pa.   

Sadly Dave Sr. is no longer with us - but his family are carrying on the great tradition of service to the old car hobby.

You are definitely correct - they run a first class operation !!!!!