Pedal Car ID

Dosmo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Looks like a Buick to me with the "widow's peak" top inner radiator shell. Packard's didn't have the Widow's peak.

That radio is an 1931 Atwater-Kent, model 84, AM receiver. Left knob- on-off, center knob dial, right knob volume.

10 hours ago, Pete K. said:

Looks like a Buick to me with the "widow's peak" top inner radiator shell. Packard's didn't have the Widow's peak.

That radio is an 1931 Atwater-Kent, model 84, AM receiver. Left knob- on-off, center knob dial, right knob volume.

American National built this great toy. They called it a Packard. Although it dose resemble a Buick. Wasn't there a lawsuit between Packard and Buick over the grill shell design?

2010-09-amnatlpackard.jpg

American_National_Fire_Chief_Car.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2017 at 10:42 PM, TheMoneyPit said:

I thought the lawsuit was Packard against Buick and Studebaker who's 24 Special six had the Packard shape to the radiator too.

On 4/2/2017 at 2:14 PM, Pete K. said:

I did read that a lawsuit existed, I thought it may have been between Buick and Marmon.

It is pretty hard to find anything on the www about any such law suits. The only one I could find was Rolls Royce against a company marketing clip-on front kits to put a RR-style grill on a VW Beetle, in 2015. I am not sure you can trademark a radiator shape very easily.

I heard years ago that Vauxhall sued Chrysler in about 1930 over the flutes in the bonnet=hood, but is it true or scuttlebutt?

• 4 years later...