All BUICK Show Sept 25 th Maryland

billbuickgs

• MrEarl pinned this topic

I was planning on driving the 1937 down from Chambersburg (around 90 miles one way). We did not do so since it was a bit of a stretch and we had some time constraints. We had attended 3 years ago and there was more like over 65 cars. This year I counted 35 total. I believe in 2013 there were more than 10 pre war cars including my 37. This time there were 3.

I wanted to attend to observe and ask questions as to how they were doing with an All Buick Show. As a board member and director of Mason-Dixon chapter I wanted to see how things are working out. It seems that all the elements were in place for a successful show and the attendees and B.O.O.M staff are enthusiastic. The weather was a perfect, blue sky, sunny 70 degree day. So I did not understand the drop in attendance. I know we are constantly finding competition with other shows and cruse-in type of activities. The Mason Dixon club went to a inclusive show (Pontiac, Olds, Cadillac and GMC truck) at Freysinger Buick before I was director to keep the numbers up. It seemed to work well but we still noticed numbers falling off. This past June 4th show we opened it up to all makes and numbers improved.

Several things that had to be done on our part.

Reschedule our show date to be less effected by surrounding events.. GM nationals at Carlisle. AACA museum events. All in our area.

We rescheduled our (last Sunday of the month) meeting date to accommodate the B.O.O.M show as we have members from both clubs.

Advertise in all the normal hobby publications and web venues. Our host Freysinger also sends out "blasts" to customers.

The hardest thing I have had to deal with as director is the reluctance of the membership to bring their cars. If all the membership would bring their cars there would be over 50 for our group. We do understand the "Graying out of the membership".

I myself do not relish bringing my car to our show since I have responsibilities with the running of the show and meeting attendees. My wife Joan is doing the same. So no one to field questions about the car. Still I try to have them there to maintain a presence to encourage others to bring theirs out.

• Like 1

• MrEarl unpinned this topic