Fall Charlotte situation

rocketraider

With all the ruckus this week in Charlotte area, wondering if y'all think it's safe to go to AutoFair?  The Speedway is a good ways from downtown but there's been some mess on the outskirts, and my employer (headquartered in Charlotte) has told all non-essential downtown employees to stay home today. A work friend went down Tuesday on business and they have not left their hotel since yesterday.

First time in several years I've had time off to go, and between rain and craziness I expect I'll stay home.

Rocktrader,  Remember the Speedway is remote and the event is a daytime thing. The crazies don't come out until the cover of darkness gives then anonymity.  The 17 miles from downtown and there.  The event itself has no real pawnable stuff to steal which makes it a safe bet.
Don't let fear motivate you in spite of our current political climate.
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, captndan said:

I'll be there and I do have a CCW permit.  

Kudos. "Don't leave home without it." In fact, I carry even at home, outside or inside. Its just like my wallet, always on me.

Wow, scary situation, I don't know what I would do. True the event is pretty far from downtown but who knows. Some thugs might take exception to "the rich folks that drive classic cars". At the very least I would make sure that your hotel has some sort of security, although I don't know how the security people could fend off what I see on TV. Just use your head and trust your own judgement. Very sad!

I will echo everyone else's comments above, please do not allow the actions and situation in the Uptown area of Charlotte keep you from coming. The Speedway is over 20 miles from the Uptown area and in a different county. The weather looks great for the weekend- Bring sunscreen for Saturday!

• Like 1