Who are you and where will you be at Hershey?

Matt Harwood

I always make an effort to get around and meet people I haven't met face-to-face, so if you could post where you'll be and maybe a way to identify you, hopefully others will make an effort as well. I always enjoy meeting folks in person.

Melanie and I will be in the same car corral spots as last year, B67-B68-B69, which is just past the crosswalk to the show field on Saturday on the downhill side of the ring. We hang around the cars about 70% of the time, so that's the best place to catch up to us. We'll have the following cars there with us:

1933 Pierce Arrow.jpg and DSC_0961.JPG or 001.JPG

Hope to see you there!

• Like 1

GCC 5-6, end of the row across from the crab cake vendor.  Great place to be, near the AACA booth and membership table.  Stop by and say hi, bring old spark plugs!  Susan and I like to shop too so might be out roaming around.  Best time to catch us is late PM.

Terry

I will have one of Marty Roth's Chocolate Field spaces, CG34, but plan to have a car for sale in the space and will be wandering the fields most of the time looking for a few 1937 Buick accessories and a replacement driver's blue floor mat for my 1989 Buick Park Avenue . I will have to try to catch you at your car corral space. I will be manning the Chocolate Field AACA Membership Booth on Wednesday between 2pm and 4pm so I can be found there at that time.  

I'll be at GBF-32/33 (just think Great Big Fellow!), get there Tuesday and probably leave Friday afternoon, will be camping on spot and have a few things for sale off and on.  Thursday 1-3 pm will be manning Pierce Arrow booth by old stadium.

Speaking of Pierce Arrows, Matt, please arrange to ship that  coupe to my house for a, well, let's see, two year test drive OK?  Nice!

Edited by trimacar (see edit history)

My location will prove to be elusive. Look for me wearing a broad brimmed hat and sporting  blue suspenders with HUDSON emblazoned in yellow on them. Don't tell me that you have Step-down parts as I will be looking for Step-up parts (1923). Thanks, Zeke.

I have spaces CI8-10 just North of the Turkey Leg guy at the South side of the Chocolate field.

Best time to catch me is in the morning before 9am, meal times and after about 4pm all night.

Here I am in my favorite flea market hat, I started wearing my glasses all the time instead of carrying them in my pocket since this picture was taken.

JimBollman.jpg

Will be at spaces GBC 7-8 from Tuesday morning on, will be selling all kinds of good stuff including a few Crosley goodies and we will have a 1992 Chrysler Lebaron convertible there for sale.  Come and buy everything we have early so we have more time to shop for new goodies.

Dale

I will be in the Red Field northeast corner above the old stadium RNG 10 - 11, but most likely wind up across the isle at my bro in laws spaces under his tent,

I will also be at the CCCA tent in the south part of the Chocolate field in thursday morning for their general membership gathering.

It will be a pleasure to meet you.

Walt Gosden

We will be at C4V - 22 near light pole # 33 in the North Chocolate field with some Hupmobile Model S parts. 

Will also have a collection of other things to get out of the garage.

Also bringing old copies of the Antique Automobile Magazine priced by the pound with very deep discounts for kids. 

We expect to arrive after 12 on Tuesday.

We will have a chair or so to share but you must say you saw this web page.

For the first time in many many years, The Durant Motors Automobile Club Inc. will be at spot CE 44-45.  If you have a Durant, Star, Dort, Lococomobile (1922-1929) Rugby, DeVaux, Frontenac or Continental Motors 1930's automobiles or just want to find out what the #$%&  a Durant is, then please stop by and say hello! I'll be there most of the time as well as other club members. Look forward to meeting everyone.

1 hour ago, Durant Mike said:

For the first time in many many years, The Durant Motors Automobile Club Inc. will be at spot CE 44-45.  If you have a Durant, Star, Dort, Lococomobile (1922-1929) Rugby, DeVaux, Frontenac or Continental Motors 1930's automobiles or just want to find out what the #$%&  a Durant is, then please stop by and say hello! I'll be there most of the time as well as other club members. Look forward to meeting everyone.

What about Flint autos? I know that the owners are a rowdy bunch but Flint was a cornerstone of Durant. Zeke

On the chance any of my many friends and acquaintances I look forward to seeing each October are reading this, unfortunately I will be at home (actually, my Mom's house), as I will be missing Fall Hershey for the first time in 15 years.  Long story short, I slipped and fell while working in mid-August, and had surgery at start of September to reattach quad muscle tendon to left kneecap. I am recovering nicely, but on the IR list for the rest of the old car season, which includes my very favorite event of the year in Hershey.

I will be thinking of everyone, and please ENJOY your stay in Hershey, and hoping for great weather over there this coming week. I hope someone will start a thread for posting pictures (and hey, even video) of the swap meet and of course the Car Show on Saturday, as that will be the next best thing to being there.

?

Edited by starfireelvis (see edit history)

Matt,  I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your well thought out commentaries. 
I will be at my usual space, CE76, and will have Model A and V8 Ford tools and parts, some XK 120 Jaguar parts, a fair bit of miscellaneous, (maybe some from my mistake shelf), and my display of vintage Hershey mud.  My 53rd consecutive Hershey year.  Please do drop by.  Dave

Oh my how could I forget the Flint!  My favorite car!  The design that Walter Chrysler had his eyes on before Billy Durant snatched it out from under him.  Yes we welcome and Flint owners for sure! The National Durant Meet we had last month in Canada had a Flint there and we have a number of great members and cars in the club. 

CE-23 24. We will arrive Tuesday afternoon and be there until Saturday. Will be selling mostly Ford parts with a little Jeepster and other makes parts. Not bringing cars for sale but will have large posters of 1940 Ford Deluxe coupe, 1946 Ford Coupe, and 1924 Buick for sale. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Landlord gave me and my piles of stuff an eviction notice... I'm work'n hard to rid up and clean up around here.  Bringing a ton of stuff selling it ALL.  Am returning with a empty truck.  LOTS of stuff in the dollar pile. 

Located at the start of the car corral on edge of the Greenfield GCE-42 thru 45.  I usually have themed manequins and hay bales to rest on, but this time around it's all business and will be brings boxes and boxes of NOS and good quality parts.

$60 for the big micrometer it's about 3 feet long...!   If I sell enough maybe he'll take pity on me and renew the lease... PLEASE TAKE HOME MY STUFF THIS WEEKEND.  I owe him some money that might be an issue too.......

welch.JPG