My 1939 Ford Standard.

Steve-V

Here is my 1939 Ford Standard Sedan.  I'm 32 years old, I've owned a few cars and this is my favorite.  Think I'll hold on to this one for a while.  You really don't find cars in this original shape anymore.  You can jump on the running boards, all the pans are solid, and runs great.  

The questions I get everyday is "What are you going to do to it?"  "When are you going to restore it?"  Too many people watching those TV shows.  

This is an original car! (( Thought to be )) 29k Orig Miles...  In my mind, it's too solid and original to have 100,290 mils...

I'm sure this community would appreciate it.   I enjoy it every day.

ford_39_washington.jpg

grand_39.jpg

gallery_39.jpg

Edited by Steve-V (see edit history)
  • Like 2

You do not know how lucky you are to find a prewar car in such great condition. PLEASE DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT RESTORING IT. 

Ok repair the slight damage to the rear mudguard and give it a polish or do what the Brits would do and give it a rub over with a slightly oily rag.

Once you start to restore it you destroy all its originality, something that you can NEVER get back.

Bernie j.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2016 at 9:27 PM, Taylormade said:

Love it.  Drive the heck out of it and enjoy every moment.

On 9/12/2016 at 8:10 PM, oldcar said:

You do not know how lucky you are to find a prewar car in such great condition. PLEASE DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT RESTORING IT. 

Ok repair the slight damage to the rear mudguard and give it a polish or do what the Brits would do and give it a rub over with a slightly oily rag.

Once you start to restore it you destroy all its originality, something that you can NEVER get back.

Bernie j.

Challenges accepted!