WTB: 1942 Oldsmobile 98 convertible parts

Oldsfan

Seeking parts for 1942 Oldsmobile 98 convertible. Car needs everything. What have you got? Especially interested in hearing from people who bought parts at the John Mansell auction last month. If you did, or know someone who did, please contact me.

Thanks,

Paul

I was there and it seemed to me that the majority of parts were bought up by 2 guys. One I think was a dealer in FL. Bad side is the markup will be very high as they paid premium dollars. I would try the auction house to ask nicely if they could forward HIS info to the other guy to see if he is interested in selling.

He has tried contacting the auction house numerous times, and seems to get the brush-off. It's too bad because the guy was bidding online and didn't realize that some of the '42 parts, while correctly tagged, were mislabeled on the sale listing...

I was just getting ready to email you. I saw on Classic Oldsmobile that you were there, and I was hoping you had bought some of the stuff. Couldn't remember if you had a '42...

On 9/8/2016 at 9:03 AM, Oldsfan said:

He has tried contacting the auction house numerous times, and seems to get the brush-off....

Not good customer service on the part of the auction company!

Why don't you write a letter (not e-mail) on your club letterhead,

as an officer?  Address it to the top man, by name, not to a clerk.

It will be more authoritative and will be

harder for the auction company to resist.  If more than

a week or two go by without a response, follow up with a

good business-like phone call.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2016 at 1:20 PM, Pete Phillips said:

I have NOS tail lights and glass tail light lenses; I have the ribbed lower body side trim for a 4-dr. (conv. would have  a couple of common pieces to those); I have an NOS carburetor and over 100 pieces of 1942 Oldsmobile literature. Probably other stuff, if I look!

Pete Phillips

Leonard, TX

Please check your private messages. We would like to contact you concerning trim and literature.

Thanks,

Paul