YOUR HERSHEY WANT LIST!!!

Terry Bond

Have been intending to try this several times previously but Hershey is here and gone before you know it.  How about adding your own "WANT" List for your trip to Hershey this year?   A couple of years ago I posted something like "Bring old spark plugs" and sure enough, a nearby vendor brought a box of plugs he had been saving for years and kept forgetting to bring, so the reminder worked, and I was able to add a couple of nice items to my collection.   So, in addition to great antique spark plugs, I'm trying to add to my pin collection too.   Of course great early automotive sheet music, or a nice piece of Royal Doulton motoring series china would find a good home here, and there are always plenty of great brass lamps to choose from at Hershey, and my annual goal is to add at least one nice piece of brass to the collection.  There are also a few empty spaces up in my recreated old auto parts store out in the barn, so NOS model T accessories in their original packages might be good additions.   So-if you have something neat that might excite me, let me know and I'll drop by your spot and check it out!  Or, if you are wandering around, stick that old spark plug in your pocket and visit me at GCC5-6.  If I'm not there I'm out shopping.

TerryIMG_9167.JPG

IMG_9179.JPG

IMG_9180.JPG

In An automobile built for two.jpg

Summer Breeze.JPG

Two in One Spark plug 3.jpg

IMG_1604.JPG

Dietz headlamp early bail handle.jpg

Motoring nodders.jpg

Doering Plug Display.JPG

Blood Money Bowl.JPG

Doulton large pitcher.jpg

• Like 2

I'm always looking for Pierce Arrow memorabilia, dealer give aways, factory employee badges, oil cans, anything with Pierce or Pierce Arrow on it (no ads nor tools, please, I have tons of each!).

Also looking for tire saver jacks, the kind that go on hub of wheel for early brass cars, as in picture attached.

I'll be living on Green field for the week!  thanks

tire saver jack.jpg

Just want to get there each year!

• Like 2

Each year I try to match up some of my brass lamps to make pairs when I can.  This year instead of carrying a notebook I'm going to have photos on my phone for easy reference.  One of the lamps I've been trying to find a mate for is an early bail handled lamp made by Edward Peck, New Haven, CT.  Pictures attached.  It's much like the early bail handled Solar lamps.  Although mine needs a little polishing I'm sure you'll agree it's not in bad shape at all.  It wants a mate to make a nice pair so if you have something like this coming to Hershey let me know and I'll look you up!

Thanks

Terry

IMG_9189.JPG

IMG_9185.JPG

IMG_9183.JPG

IMG_9184.JPG

Good weather is request number one, buyers for the junk I plan to bring, sales good enough to cover the new junk I'll buy for myself. Three generations making the trip again this year. Bob

UPDATE: Our 4 year old Grandson came over this morning to let me know "The Hershey Trailer" had arrived! His dad had picked it up early up early this year. Kid is hooked on Hershey, this will be his 5th year.

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Weather is important for sure.  I can recall many years when we had to peek under tarps to see what was on the tables.  I kinda enjoyed the old muddy days.  Once vendors were in place they were stuck there for the duration.  The blacktop now provides an easy escape route.  See you there Bob, bring some plugs!

Terry

• Like 1

On 9/2/2016 at 9:38 AM, Bob Giles said:

Good weather !

Last year was perfect weather!!

I'd love to find a 1976 Cutlass S body for my husband's car. :)  

I need a NOS blue dash pad for the Burb - Mine has so many cracks, well, you get the drift ;) 

On 9/2/2016 at 5:53 AM, flackmaster said:

I want the horizontal Packard PARTS - ACCESSORIES lighted Walker sign from the late 30's.   I am willing to pay a fair price, any condition.  Would also consider just the framework with no glass.

you have a picture of what your looking for.