Beaulieu Swap Meet UK

Guest Dougal Cawley

Guest Dougal Cawley

Hi

On  the weekend of the 4th, 5th & 6th of September the UK holds it's biggest Autojumble  (Swap Meet) for pre War cars. and if you would like to come and say hello to the Longstone Tyres http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/ team we will be in the Yellow field on stall 459 - 461. we will have free posters up for grabs

Sure wish I could get back there for a visit!  Been many years but I had so many great times there.  is the Beaulieu road house still the Pub of choice there?  My fondest memories were leading a group of friends down from Scotland who had never heard of Bealieu before.  I had borrowed an old movie form AACA HQ and showed it at a club meeting and they were in awe.  That first trip to Beaulieu opened some eyes pretty wide and it became an annual trip for many.   I can fondly recall those early Sunday morning feeding frenzies as the new Sunday only vendors opened up their stalls and goodies got snapped up quicker than the old K Mart Blue Light specials!  Found some great stuff there and someday I'll be back again.  One of our local region members ventured over there a couple of years ago and took some great pics for us, and although it's changed a bit, there was still a selection of brass, signs, and all kinds of great automobilia on display.   Post some pics for us to enjoy!

Terry

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)

Guest MichelleRand

I will be there, and will try to stop by.... looking for 1935 MG stuff, by the way. Have a 1935 MG PA and a 1935 MG NB Magnette Tourer, both pretty new to me. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes-pics are important as are post-event reports!  It's been years since I've been there but one of our local region members visited a couple of years ago.  I had a good friend email me a couple of pics I'll try and post a bit later when I get a chance.  Like a lot of other swap meets, the focus shifts towards newer and newer vehicles, however it' still one of the top events of it's kind for European cars/parts and automobilia.  Lots of stuff you won't see anywhere else, but I'm told brass isn't as prevalent as it was a few years ago. 

Terry