BOP GMC Show Springfield, Mo. Sept 3-4

I noticed this was mentioned down in the Rivieras section, but I thought I'd share it up here for the rest of us...

The Ozarks Pontiac-Oakland-GMC club is inviting Buicks and Oldsmobiles out to their Labor Day Weekend festivities in Springfield, Missouri.

I'd be sorely tempted to go out that way, but I'll be making a run to Michigan to retrieve an Oldsmobile powerplant that weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/Go-Poci-447202658697000/

13130830_986338788116715_671024329684472

Edited by MrEarl
add loc and dates (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • MrEarl unpinned this topic

I spotted a few Oldsmobiles in their Facebook posts over the weekend, but I didn't see any Buicks.  I got in a little Route 66 cruising through northern Illinois, too...

In solidarity, I even picked up some Poncho wall art.  My uncle gave me a stack of manifolds and carbs along with my grandma's Rocket, and one of them is from a '74 Pontiac 400.  It's only a 2bbl intake, so I'll probably just blast it, paint it, and hang it on the wall.  

Edited by SpecialEducation (see edit history)

There were four Buicks there..........3 Skylarks and my 1965 Riviera.  I won the award for best of show Buick......

a beautiful crystal rendering of a Missouri Route 66 sign on a wooden base...one of the prettiest awards I have ever recieved at a car show.

• Like 4