MrEarl

MrEarl's Daily Therapeutic Dose of Buick

Here is my entry for taillight Thursday, our 1913 Buick model 31 loaded into it's trailer ready to attend the Gilmore Museum's Pre War event week from Friday.  Third annual tour and show on the grounds of the Gilmore near Battle Creek, Mi and my first.  Any pre war Buick people going?  Look me up and we will ride around the red barns on Saturday.  Hope we visit the OFF brothers on the Friday tour.  Regards, Gary

DSC_4415.JPG

• Like 4

On 5/10/2018 at 10:06 PM, Marty Roth said:

Happy Taillight Thursday

the car was clean, but the camera lens fogged over

That's cause that car is just so HOT☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tail light Tuesday?

No, she doesn't live with us anymore -

ands we miss the 1914 B-37 Touring.

She would really move on down the road with her new 3.31:1 differential, balanced crankshaft, and aluminum Chevy 350 pistons

1914 Buick Home 006.jpg

• Like 4

My wife and I wanted a car to drive on prewar tours which are becoming popular in our area, Motor Muster at the Henry Ford, Gilmore and local clubs all have at least one.  We have a prewar car but we wanted a faster, late thirties sedan, really a roadster but being on a fixed income, a sedan.  I believed you couldn't be a proper gear head until you have had a Packard but then I found this 1939 Century was available.  I've admired this car for over twenty years.  This car was an early example for Ziebart rustproofing and was in one of their showrooms for decades, taken out for the occasional show.  The fellow I purchased the '39 from drove the car 1,000 miles in the past 10 years.  The car needed a lot of things to make it a touring car, I changed all of the fluids, scraped out the oil pan but mostly the wiring was in poor condition.  It is not an original car, it has been repainted and reupholstered and the undercoating is excellent.  Just finished changing the wiring harness and we have a nearby show in mind in two weeks.  The photo is taken in front of my shop which was built in 1954.  No more thoughts of getting a Packard, this is the car for me.  Regards, Gary

DSC_4564.JPG

• Like 9

On 3/25/2018 at 3:22 PM, 60FlatTop said:

The life of a chick magnet is not always easy.

PoolRM.jpg.02d26d41759133bf879835d90c25a4a0.jpg

I have absolutely NO comment on what the man at the top left may be saying.

Bernie

Apologies guys , just noticed this enlightening me what Buick is this ?

18 hours ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Apologies guys , just noticed this enlightening me what Buick is this ?

The prism effect of looking through water gives the car a longer sleeker look.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2018 at 3:08 PM, cxgvd said:

That's a beautiful car Gary, thanks for sharing.  

DSC_4564.JPG