TxBuicks

2017 Buick Club of America National Meet Brookfield, WI July 5-8

144 posts in this topic

Please be sure and see this update posted by Peter Gariepy a few days ago. I fear it may have gotten lost within all the other pinned threads. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 6/2/2017 at 8:22 AM, JohnD1956 said:

Does anyone know if spectators are allowed on the show field and in the swap meet?

As they already answered:  Of course.

One idea of a national meet is to expose an

interested public as much as possible to the

fun of owning an antique Buick.  And I say, the

more appreciative onlookers, the better!  They'll

remember the meet and maybe a few will even join.

Can anyone imagine a long-to-be-successful club

shooing off interested teenagers?  "Hey you, get 

out of here!  These Buicks aren't for you to look at!"

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
1 person likes this

D Yaros,

I guess, if not noted elsewhere, we should explain, if you are a BCA members and just want to "spectate", you will not be allowed entry to the hospitality area unless you have a registration.  Some may want to consider registration for the modest fee, without a car registration to really note the "Buick Club of America" experience, especially if it bad weather (heat or rain) becomes a problem.

John 

I held out to the end hoping to make this year's national meet, but I will have to pass.

My reservations are Check In July 7th- Check Out July 9th. 1 room, 2 occupants, nonsmoking, total $257.87. This is at the host hotel. If anyone missed reserving a room I can pass my confirmation number to anyone who switches the hold on the room to their credit card from mine.

It is a good opportunity for someone, rather than me just canceling. Just don't stiff me for the room.

PM or call 585-797-7421

Bernie

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Can I assume breakfast in not included in the BCA Sheraton room rate.

Also if you are a golfer, the US Open at Erin Hills (this week) is about 15 miles from the hotel. (west and north) besides the tours offered by the BCA, the Wisconsin Automotive Museum is located in Hartford WI ....31 miles north and a little west of the hotel, their featured cars are Nash and Kissel

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This may have been answered prior but I just don't remember...

Are Buicks registered for the National required to have a fire extinguisher still?

Edited by DShip (see edit history)

Dave, the answer is yes.

1 person likes this

On 6/16/2017 at 8:31 PM, DShip said:

This may have been answered prior but I just don't remember...

Are Buicks registered for the National required to have a fire extinguisher still?

Even if they were not, it is always a good idea to have one in the car. While it may never happen to you, cars (especially old cars) will burn, leaving a black chunk of melted steel / rubber / plastic that is no good to anybody.  I have been saved one time by the foresight of having a fire extinguisher, otherwise I would have been 300 miles from home with no car.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Because of work obligations, I will not  be able to get to the Brookfield meet until early Saturday morning. 

Can the organizers hold on to my registration until I get there?  And not assume that I am a "no show." ?

I am not entering a Buick in the meet, my registration (#22) is just for me. 

Edited by Pomeroy41144 (see edit history)

pomeroy,

until you get an official response from Roy or others, I think I am correct that you can pick up your registration packet until the time cars must be in place for judging, usually 9 AM Saturday.  You can check above on Peter G's message of the hour the registrations are available.

John 

15 minutes ago, jscheib said:

pomeroy,

until you get an official response from Roy or others, I think I am correct that you can pick up your registration packet until the time cars must be in place for judging, usually 9 AM Saturday.  You can check above on Peter G's message of the hour the registrations are available.

John 

Thanks friend,  I went back and re-read all the posts. I'll be there early.

Yes, you can pick up your registration packet on Saturday.  The registration desk moves to the judges administration room at 10:00 on Saturday morning.  We will have your registration there.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, TxBuicks said:

Yes, you can pick up your registration packet on Saturday.  The registration desk moves to the judges administration room at 10:00 on Saturday morning.  We will have your registration there.

Thanks.   I'll be there early.  Looking forward to the meet. 

Edited by Pomeroy41144 (see edit history)

If you arrive between 7:30 and 9:00 we will probably still be at the registration area. We don't move to the judges administration area until judging starts.

I had hoped to be able to make it again this year, but it just isn't going to work out. I had a room at the Sheraton that I just cancelled. It was a 2 double room checking in on Thursday and out on Sunday if anyone wants to try and call them to get it. See you in Denver...hopefully.

1 person likes this

On 5/26/2017 at 9:05 AM, TxBuicks said:

The latest tally, as of 05-25-17:

Number of Registrations: 257, almost 500 people registered

Number of Vendors: 29 vendors, taking up 51 vendor spots

Number of cars: 192 (85 formally judged, 34 Display, 27 Archival, 20 Modified, 26 Driven)

With a month to go, I expect at least 100 more registrations.  Buick members are procrastinators when it comes to registering for National events.

To the purveyors of parts:  I'm spending time with those of you holding 1940 parts!

3 people like this

We are over 420 registrations with 300 Buicks now.  Almost 40% of the registrations (163 out of 420) came within the past month.  I'll see you all there.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, TxBuicks said:

We are over 420 registrations with 300 Buicks now.  Almost 40% of the registrations (163 out of 420) came within the past month.  I'll see you all there.

So I am being nosy. How many registrations paid the late fee (or missed out on the early bird discount)? I assume not all 40% (as I suspect there was some timing delay between send and receive). Just curious, Thanks.