2017 Buick Club of America National Meet Brookfield, WI July 5-8

TxBuicks

• MrEarl pinned this topic

On 9/8/2016 at 8:52 AM, Thriller said:

Hotel is booked. Looking forward to it. 

On 16/8/2016 at 9:09 AM, parkertom said:

Reserved my room yesterday. Looking forward to it.

Reserved a room for July 4 to July 8 (using SPG loyality points)

Now to find flights using frequent flyer miles Australia - USA (Chicago?) & return. 

There were Qantas ff flights to USA available a few days ago, but little coming back.

Edited by 1939_Buick
fixing quote (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 6:31 PM, 1939_Buick said:

Reserved a room for July 4 to July 8 (using SPG loyality points)

Now to find flights using frequent flyer miles Australia - USA (Chicago?) & return. 

There were Qantas ff flights to USA available a few days ago, but little coming back.

Be sure to clear your cookies in your computer every time you go to search because the airlines put them in to make sure you never see a lower price after the first search.

• Like 4

On 23/08/2016 at 0:38 AM, Larry Schramm said:

Be sure to clear your cookies in your computer every time you go to search because the airlines put them in to make sure you never see a lower price after the first search.

Off topic

I am looking to use frequent flyer miles for (~free) award flights (not cash).

For BCA 2016 I went to the USA on United Airlines ff miles and back on Qantas ff miles. (business class so extra baggage allowance for all those ’39 Buick parts)

From Aust/New Zealand to USA the cash price fluctuates a lot.  Currently NZ to USA is cheap due to over capacity of flights from new airlines into Auckland from USA.

Edited by 1939_Buick
spelling grammer (see edit history)

• Tried to book a room and this is what I found:
  •  
  • Your contracted rate is no longer available. Please see below for the best available rate.

Rate Description :PREPAID NON-REFUNDABLE RATE; Stay 3 Nights and Save 20% = $123.20

Either this meet is already generating huge interest or the hotel had only a few rooms at the $114 rate.  The  $123.20 PREPAID NON-REFUNDABLE RATE is common to Expedia and other hotel booking sites.

Maybe the national meet committee could check into this... 

When booking for group rates, you almo,St always need to phone the hotel. They seem to generally not have the special group rates online, although they have the typical ones like hotel membership, CAA/AAA, AARP, military, etc. 

Between OnStar and Google Hangouts, long distance charges are generally not an issue any more. 

• 4 minutes ago, Thriller said:

When booking for group rates, you almo,St always need to phone the hotel. They seem to generally not have the special group rates online, although they have the typical ones like hotel membership, CAA/AAA, AARP, military, etc. 

Between OnStar and Google Hangouts, long distance charges are generally not an issue any more. 

I did call...they don't have anymore of those crappy $114 rooms available, but guess what for $20 more you can get an 'upgrade room'...what a deal!

I'd contact Kris on the National Meet Committee. She had suggested increasing the block of rooms may be possible when we were in Allentown.  Contact info is in the Bugle. 

I guess I'd misunderstood with your mention of the Internet options and thought perhaps you were trying to book from the block online. My bad. 

Edited by Thriller (see edit history)

I'm in. Something has kept me away from every National since 2005. And I'm going to Hershey for the first time since '11.

I have this car I bought when I was 30. Maybe I outta get it out of the back corner and pretty it up a bit over the next 10 months.

Bernie

009.JPG

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

On my recent trip to the north I was able to go by the Sheraton Brookfield hotel, host hotel for the 2017 BCA National meet, to scope it out for myself.  I was very impressed.  It is a nice hotel, and a great location.  It is located right by one of the major highways, has plenty of parking, and sits right next to a large shopping mall.  The mall has lots of places to eat and drink, and hundreds of stores to keep you and your spouses busy when not at the meet.  And you don't have to drive on any streets to get to the mall.  I tried to take pictures but it was cloudy and late so I didn't have enough light.  Fortunately, I was able to obtain these photos from Kris of a recent large Oldsmobile event.  You can see the options we have for parking and you can see the mall in the background.  It is a great location.  I think a lot of members are still hung over from the fantastic 50th Anniversary Meet, but July will be here before you know it, so get those registrations in.  See previous postings for links to the registration forms.

Brookfield 2.png

Brookfield 1.png

Brookfield 3.png

• Like 5

Typical Oldsmobile Club national meet. I've been to three of them. You can always count the number of pre-World War Two Oldsmobiles on one hand. And two hands counting will usually get you all of the Oldsmobiles prior to 1950.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

1948 Oldsmobile 98 sedan

(and lots of Buicks)

On 12/1/2016 at 9:56 PM, Pete Phillips said:

Typical Oldsmobile Club national meet. I've been to three of them. You can always count the number of pre-World War Two Oldsmobiles on one hand. And two hands counting will usually get you all of the Oldsmobiles prior to 1950.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

1948 Oldsmobile 98 sedan

(and lots of Buicks)

I went to an Oldsmobile meet a couple of years ago

at the AACA Museum.  While any old-car show is fun,

I was amazed at the number of Cutlasses and especially 442's.

They dominated the meet, and there wasn't nearly the 

diversity that Buick meets produce.

Cheers to B.C.A. members for appreciating a wider range of cars!

• Like 5

19 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

I went to an Oldsmobile meet a couple of years ago

at the AACA Museum.  While any old-car show is fun,

I was amazed at the number of Cutlasses and especially 442's.

It would be like having half the cars at the BCA national meet

being 1968-72 Skylarks and GS's!

There's a lot more to automotive history than the mid-sized muscle of one decade.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

I know I should have been calling for a place in the host hotel but I did call today and the hotel is full for the Buick Club at the $114.00 rate but they do have rooms at $144.00. Unless there is a second hotel with in walking distance this could be a Big problem for this show

Is there some information that I don't know about?

Chuck

Here is something we received from the Sheraton host hotel about room reservations.  I hope this helps explain the hotel situation.  See the registration form for the list of alternate hotels.

We are over the total contracted number of room nights but a lot of those are the shoulder dates.  I just sat down with our Reservations manager and went through the block and added a few more rooms and room types to the block. 

We are completely out of standard kings in the whole hotel.  We do have upgraded king rooms at the following prices, deluxe king: $134 and club king $144.  Standard doubles we have a few but there are also upgraded doubles available. 

Sometimes our central reservations tells people when they call in that the block is full when they ask for a specific room type, such as a standard king room.   Unfortunately, they sometimes do not say there are other room types available.  Have your guests ask if there are other room types available or they can call Joanne, our in house reservations assistant, at 262-364-1007.  She is only in during the week but if they leave her a message, she will get back to them and be happy to help them make a reservation.

See below for full explanation about the room block but here is what we still have available:

Doubles: $114

Deluxe King: $134

Club King: $144 (includes breakfast and evening hors de oeuvres)

They can call Joanne at 262-364-1007 for reservation assistance.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question on the Registration Form on the Bugle jacket and others may have it too, so I will post the question here.

Does the BCA Members Registration Fee ($35) cover just me or does it cover me and the wife?  The small print says:

'Includes Member/Spouse/Guest Participation . . .'    but then the #______ line makes one think you need to possibly put a # greater than 1 on the blank?

Same issue/question for the Non BCA Line.

Thanks!

Edited by Brian_Heil (see edit history)

One registration fee covers you and members of your immediate family.  So, if you want to bring your spouse and son, that's all included in one fee.  However, if you want to bring your spouse and 2 of your friends, The spouse is included but the friends will count as additional guests at $20 each.  Now that you point it out, it does look confusing.  I will take out the # line for future registration forms.

Edited by TxBuicks (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thank you for the clear and quick response!

And interesting you knew we were brining our son, he loves to tour.  Picture of him and the wife enclosed.  Doubt he has part of the $35 to help out though.  He's always spending his allowance on treats.  Kids these days.

-1b519834cd3a9b59.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure all the tours for the 2017 Nationals have been nailed down yet. I understand the Volo Auto Museum is about 1hr away from the Nationals location and is an excellent place for car enthusiasts to visit. If not already on the tour list, it may be one to consider adding

• Like 1

I have a question for this national meet.  Is the judging manual that dated 2005 on the BCA website the most recent?   if not where do I go to download a copy? I've never made a National Meet yet but planning on making this one. Thanks!

• Like 1

Greg,

Some may correct me as I may be wrong.  But a $20 registered guest is only in addition to a club member that would be registered for the show.  Non-member guest that wants to register; cost is $60.  See the registration form for what is included.

But if you only want to see the cars, there is no fence and no charge.  Thanks for your inquiry.

John