The teeth tell the tale -- K parts car tranny

CBoz

So I finally got my garage complete, and was digging into the K parts car I got last Fall. Was hoping to at least find a good 1st/2nd slider gear to replace the bad one in my '38. Alas, this transmission led a much harder life than my current one. The excessive wear on the 1st gear side of the slider and missing teeth (nearly half!) on 1st tell me someone didn't understand the concept of *unsynchronized first* -- these gears were literally beat to death until the 1st gear finally gave up half its teeth.  The missing tooth out of second also tells me someone didn't understand the concept of downshifting. I will still take it apart because maybe the synchronizer is salvageable, but grrrrr....

So it appears I'm still looking for a good late K transmission if someone has one crowding up the garage.

bbb.jpg

I had a new second gear fabricated for the Case 4 speed that goes in my Royale.  Cost was 1500.00 and I have not run the transmission yet.  They also had to do it twice because the gears were timed and they didn't quite get it right the first time.