Thank you Mr. Lamar

Kosage Chavis

I don't mean to embarrass you Mr. Lamar, but I really wanted to thank you once again for your hard work, hospitality and especially your generosity to me and my family while visiting your home.  I also want everyone on here to know how impressive your set-up is.  I was in Buick "heaven", from the beautiful 54 Buick century with 3-speed manual, the old Buick garage with all your tools and surrounding Buick memorabilia hanging inside and out, the collection of Buicks that will either be restored or parted out to help people such as myself, the Buick room filled with a ton of Buick manuals and memorabilia, and finally my favorite, the huge vintage pit-stop garage you are constructing at this moment.  I am being completely serious when I say your place should be a small tourist attraction for anyone who either loves vintage things and/or more specifically loves the old Buick cars.  I will be sure to make you proud when I am done with my Buick, knowing that all the hard work going into my car is not mine alone.  I look forward to working with you more and I hope I can make another trip to stop by your place again.  Maybe we could ride next time.  I will conclude by just simply saying again, thank you Friend.

• Like 10

Kosage, man thank you for such kind words, but hey  the pleasure was ALL mine. Loved meeting the wife and kids too, what a sweet wife and three beautiful and good kids!!!!  Only wish it had not been so hot and y'all could have stayed longer, would have loved to let the kids fish in Buick Pond. Elvis had a great time with the kids too. :D 

How great it is that you are restoring this car to be just like your Dads was, and I meant it when I said I'd love to be part of helping with that, whether it's parts, technical (however limited) or moral support. 

Appreciate the "business" and hope the ride home was uneventful and all the parts remained strapped down and without damage. Look forward to seeing you again if you can ever make it back down or  maybe out on the Buick Highway.

Thanks again for the kind words, I actually choked up a little bit. :wub:

• Like 1

Mr Willie and Mr. Lamar,  I am about to purchase the 2-groove AC generator.  This was pulled from a 56 buick.  I am a little nervous.  Maybe you could help ease my nerves.  Is there any way you could slap a 2-groove pulley on what was meant to be a 1-groove pulley generator and fool someone into thinking it's an AC generator.  Maybe I am just a little paranoid.  Please help.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, Kosage Chavis said:

Mr Willie and Mr. Lamar,  I am about to purchase the 2-groove AC generator.  This was pulled from a 56 buick.  I am a little nervous.  Maybe you could help ease my nerves.  Is there any way you could slap a 2-groove pulley on what was meant to be a 1-groove pulley generator and fool someone into thinking it's an AC generator.  Maybe I am just a little paranoid.  Please help.  Thank you.

I've done that in a pinch and it worked.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mr. Lamar.  It only took a day for him to ship to me.  While everything looks good with the AC generator, there is something visually that looks like it could be off about it.  Obviously, I am no expert on the AC systems for these Buicks.  I will post some pictures and ask the questions on the post war forum.

Edited by Kosage Chavis
Spelling (see edit history)